It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Anyone have low thyroid and Vitamin B12 deficiency?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
    ditsmom
    (female)

ditsmom HB User
    Anyone have low thyroid and Vitamin B12 deficiency?

I got a blood test for the b12 & folic deficiency but have not yet got the results... I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
    nicglo12
    (female)

nicglo12 HB User
    Smile Re: Anyone have low thyroid and Vitamin B12 deficiency?

Yes! I was diagnosed hypo 10/07 and have been struggling with hyper symptoms on Armour since then. I am having hypo symptoms (fatigue, etc.) with hyper symptoms (heart pounding, chest pain, wheezing, panic attacks) on 60mg. My ND tells me that I shouldn't be having both on this dose, so is sending me b12 injections. I didn't have any blood testing done for this, because of expense as I am paying out of pocket. Plus, he says that with my current symptoms and b12 being non - toxic if I don't respond to it, this is the next step. There is actually a board here dealing with this, "anemia", as
    b12 deficiency is also referred to as pernicious anemia. After researching about this, I wonder why physicians don't test for b12 along with thyroid labs? Expense, I guess. Check out the board and use your search engine to learn more about this. Very interesting. Good luck to you. I will post my response to my first injection. Please keep posting as I would like to know how it goes for you. Take care.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: Anyone have low thyroid and Vitamin B12 deficiency?

It is actually very common in hypoT's and Hashimoto's patients. Not as sure about Graves and hyperT sufferers. I was deficient. Also look into your B2 and B6 levels and vit D and Ferritin. These are also not in the common chemical profile test packages. I do not know if it is oversight or laziness. I know some of my MDs preferred to check boxes verses dig up and right in the lab codes for more specialized tests. Expense and insurance policies may also be a factor.

MG

Closed Thread