HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Thyroid Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/)
-   -   Choking one day and not the next (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/592455-choking-one-day-not-next.html)

funkadelica 03-30-2008 11:02 PM

Choking one day and not the next

So as I mentioned previously, I've been under the care of an endo and taking Levoxyl (generic) for about 8 weeks. During that time, for the first time ever, I noticed that on several occasions I felt a "pill stuck in my throat" sensation. It usually lasts most of the day. Thing is, though, it comes and goes. One day I'm practically gagging, and the next I don't feel it at all. I know I have a pretty good sized nodule (so big that she asked how I wasn't choking on it when I went in to see her the first time) but I swear, I never noticed any weird feeling in my throat until lately.

Any thoughts?

Curious2013 03-31-2008 08:06 AM

Re: Choking one day and not the next

[QUOTE=funkadelica;3510143]So as I mentioned previously, I've been under the care of an endo and taking Levoxyl (generic) for about 8 weeks. During that time, for the first time ever, I noticed that on several occasions I felt a "pill stuck in my throat" sensation. It usually lasts most of the day. Thing is, though, it comes and goes. One day I'm practically gagging, and the next I don't feel it at all. I know I have a pretty good sized nodule (so big that she asked how I wasn't choking on it when I went in to see her the first time) but I swear, I never noticed any weird feeling in my throat until lately.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I am not on any thyroid meds, but I do have several nodules. Some days I feel like there is "something" in my throat and I tend to choke some and some days I don't.

mkgb 03-31-2008 08:51 AM

Do you have Hashimoto's?

I do and am on meds. I have one nodule and supposidly things were supposed to get better and my nodule shrink. Well my antibodies are not taking a vacation. They are still attacking my thyroid and every time they do.. thyroiditis causes my nodules and lobes to swell. I am getting the stuck in my throat feelings as well. If it persists much longeer I am calling my ENT back and moving my June appointment up. I am going to push for a TT, because I can not stand this hyperT/hypoT fluxing that is going on. keep a close watch on it. Have you had a biopsy of ultrasound of your nodule? Have they offered to do a TT? I would consider it, if I were you.

Sincerely,
MG

bhoutros 03-31-2008 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=funkadelica;3510143]So as I mentioned previously, I've been under the care of an endo and taking Levoxyl (generic) for about 8 weeks. During that time, for the first time ever, I noticed that on several occasions I felt a "pill stuck in my throat" sensation. It usually lasts most of the day. Thing is, though, it comes and goes. One day I'm practically gagging, and the next I don't feel it at all. I know I have a pretty good sized nodule (so big that she asked how I wasn't choking on it when I went in to see her the first time) but I swear, I never noticed any weird feeling in my throat until lately.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I have Hashi's and it wasn't until I started taking meds (not on them presently but still paying for it with the thyroid) that I started getting swelling in my thyroid. I have the choking problem, too. It sucks but is one of those things that is a "time will tell" sort of problem.