It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Choking one day and not the next

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
    funkadelica
    (female)

funkadelica HB User
    Choking one day and not the next

So as I mentioned previously, I've been under the care of an endo and taking Levoxyl (generic) for about 8 weeks. During that time, for the first time ever, I noticed that on several occasions I felt a "pill stuck in my throat" sensation. It usually lasts most of the day. Thing is, though, it comes and goes. One day I'm practically gagging, and the next I don't feel it at all. I know I have a pretty good sized nodule (so big that she asked how I wasn't choking on it when I went in to see her the first time) but I swear, I never noticed any weird feeling in my throat until lately.

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
    Curious2013
    (female)

Curious2013 HB User
    Re: Choking one day and not the next

Quote:
    Originally Posted by funkadelica View Post
    So as I mentioned previously, I've been under the care of an endo and taking Levoxyl (generic) for about 8 weeks. During that time, for the first time ever, I noticed that on several occasions I felt a "pill stuck in my throat" sensation. It usually lasts most of the day. Thing is, though, it comes and goes. One day I'm practically gagging, and the next I don't feel it at all. I know I have a pretty good sized nodule (so big that she asked how I wasn't choking on it when I went in to see her the first time) but I swear, I never noticed any weird feeling in my throat until lately.

Any thoughts?
    I am not on any thyroid meds, but I do have several nodules. Some days I feel like there is "something" in my throat and I tend to choke some and some days I don't.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

Do you have Hashimoto's?

I do and am on meds. I have one nodule and supposidly things were supposed to get better and my nodule shrink. Well my antibodies are not taking a vacation. They are still attacking my thyroid and every time they do.. thyroiditis causes my nodules and lobes to swell. I am getting the stuck in my throat feelings as well. If it persists much longeer I am calling my ENT back and moving my June appointment up. I am going to push for a TT, because I can not stand this hyperT/hypoT fluxing that is going on. keep a close watch on it. Have you had a biopsy of ultrasound of your nodule? Have they offered to do a TT? I would consider it, if I were you.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 03-31-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
    bhoutros
    Inactive
    (female)

bhoutros HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by funkadelica View Post

Any thoughts?

I have Hashi's and it wasn't until I started taking meds (not on them presently but still paying for it with the thyroid) that I started getting swelling in my thyroid. I have the choking problem, too. It sucks but is one of those things that is a "time will tell" sort of problem.

Closed Thread