It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Prescribed Synthroid/cytomel - Question On Dosage Split

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #16
mauz
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User
Re: Prescribed Synthroid/cytomel - Question On Dosage Split - Mg Or Anyone

Yes I did take Cytomel but I didn't feel much better with it probably not the right amount.
I hope you feel a little bit better today.

talk later
Pia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #17
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauz View Post
Yes I did take Cytomel but I didn't feel much better with it probably not the right amount.
I hope you feel a little bit better today.

talk later
Pia
Hi Pia,

I thought you might have taken it - did it cause your heart to beat faster - how much did you take? From what I have read from MG and Dr. Lupo (I just posted and received an answer from him) - My Synthroid may still be too high a dose - MG said she thought 50 mcg with the amount of Cytomel and Dr. Lupo gave a formula so many mcg per. Anyway, Dr. Lupo said more absorption on an empty stomach - but I am taking with food. He also said he also starts people out with 5 mcg a day to see how they do and drops the Synthroid amt. If they feel better he increases to 5 mcg twice a day. I am taking 12.5 and splitting it a day taking about 6+ twice a day. Maybe this is too much - or perhaps I will get used to it. Dr. Lupo said if I had problems with Armour because of the T3, I may have it from this, but I think there was a whole lot of T3 in Armour than this small dose. I have to try it - because I think I might feel a little better - not as lightheaded and "off" and that is only taking it two days - this is third. I don't know - have to try because I can't go on like I have been.

That's about it - got my nails done today - so that was good to get out.
What are you up to?
Liz

Old 05-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #18
mauz
Senior Veteran
(female)

cleaning and organizing.
I only took 5 mcg of Cytomel.
I realy hope this works for you and you start to feel better soon.

talk later
Pia

Old 05-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #19
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
cleaning and organizing.
I only took 5 mcg of Cytomel.
I realy hope this works for you and you start to feel better soon.

talk later
Pia
Hi - you must be feeling better to be cleaning and organizing - good for you. How would you say you are feeling now? Is the adjusted med working better - I hope so.

Have a good week-end.
Liz

Old 05-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
mauz
Senior Veteran
(female)

Still very tired but I guess I need more adjustments no heart problems Thank God.
How are you feeling ?

Old 05-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #21
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Still very tired but I guess I need more adjustments no heart problems Thank God.
How are you feeling ?
Hi,

I think I might feel a bit better actually - although I guess I want to feel the way I used to and that is not the case nor I am not sure if I will ever feel the same on Synthroid as I did on Armour -but who knows. I have been afraid of the heart palpitations and have had a racy heart even before and when I was at the doctor - and I admit I am still rather stressed, but trying not to be - because I want to be better as we both do. Anyway, I am taking the Cytomel split and with food as we talked about - so the reaction would be delayed, but hoping not to cause heart problems - so time will tell. I did go out to get my nails done - so that was positive and have to try to be positive - best to try to be and hopefully that will help heal too.

Being tired isn't all that bad compared to some of the things we have gone through. That burning in the abdomen and UII feeling got better in the last couple of days - still some there - but not as much since I changed to the .75 mcg - but may be my imagination that it was the dosage change - unless fillers? Anyway, still have some stomach burning type thing and muscles around the stomach area and back - perhaps that is the "muscle aches" and burning that people have described - don't forget to ask your doctor - or did you?

Later,
Liz

Old 05-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #22
mauz
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Liz,

How are you feeling today ?
I am still a little tired had to visit my neighbour today that is why I am writing so late.
I hope the Cytomel is working for you.
I used to take only 5mcg a day now I do have also 5 mcg T3 and 34 mcg of T4 in my mix.
I have to go for blood work this week and she will adjust again if needed.
I will see her next Monday.
I also still have a little burning in my stomach feels better when I eat.

take care
Pia

Old 05-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #23
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Hi Liz,

I am still a little tired had to visit my neighbour today that is why I am writing so late.
I used to take only 5mcg a day now I do have also 5 mcg T3 and 34 mcg of T4 in my mix.

take care
Pia
Hi Pia,

Today wasn't too bad a day. I feel kinda bad when I wake up - really tired, but I am trying to fight it and make myself move around. My heart still feels a bit racy during the day - and I am not sure how much is from the Cytomel or from nerves wondering if it is going to race Anyway, as the day goes by - and toward evening, as always, it gets better. I am just praying that each day I feel a bit better. I think the Cytomel will work slower because I am taking it with food - but I don't mind as I don't want terrible heart palpitations. The standard dose - like you are taking - seems to be 5 mcg and I am supposed to be getting 12.5 - so even with splitting the tablet twice a day I am getting over 6 mcg. We will see.

I still have burning too - and seems to come up from abdomen - I need to get to my gyne soon to see about that.

Talk soon,
Liz

Old 05-27-2008, 06:00 AM   #24
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Hi Liz,

take care
Pia
Hi Pia,

Still not feeling well. I have to try to take the Cytomel on an empty stomach - have been trying it with food and no improvement at all. I did take it this morning that way - so will see. I am trying to avoid heart palpitations. And so it goes on.

Hope you are feeling better - seems like this combo may be helping you - I pray so.

Liz

Old 05-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #25
mauz
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh no Liz, I thought you are feeling a little bit better,
Try without food and see what happens if not add 1/4 tab and see how you feel.
I don't feel good either sooo tired I do have to give blood on Thursday and see her on Monday so again, waiting which I hate.

take care
Pia

Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #26
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Oh no Liz, I thought you are feeling a little bit better,
Try without food and see what happens if not add 1/4 tab and see how you feel.
I don't feel good either sooo tired I do have to give blood on Thursday and see her on Monday so again, waiting which I hate.

take care
Pia
Hi,

Boy, this is getting to me. I wonder if depression can make you feel like this? I have no idea. In the morning I wake up and have this "off" feeling and really wake up earlier than I would like. I feel as though I sense my heart beating and it wakes me up - then I can't go back to sleep. I haven't been taking the xanax and get to sleep and sleep all night - but wake up around 6:00. Maybe I need to try the xanax again and see if I can get more sleep? Who knows. I was going to try to meet a friend for lunch today - but just couldn't get myself together and didn't do it. Too exhausted.

I did take the Cytomel on empty stomach this morning - and will take other half around 3:00 or so. I haven't tried to take the whole thing in the morning - will probably do that in a day or so. I don't know. I feel a little jumpy after taking it - but not real bad.

Did they ever check your adrenals during your experiences? I have been reading about adrenal fatigue and insufficiency in my thyroid books and I sure have a lot of those symptoms. Of course, after a while you think you have everything. But I have always felt a little better in the evening and that was one of the symptoms that jumped out. Again, have you been tested for that? Is it a blood test? I read something about saliva. I may have to ask the endo about that next. I don't know.

Then I get to thinking - maybe it is something else. I am sure you have been through that.

Oh, well - how often do you have blood work? Doesn't seem like it has been too long since you had it - two weeks?

Liz

Old 05-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #27
mauz
Senior Veteran
(female)

HI Liz,

funny that you mention the adrenals I just mailed in my salvia test my doctor gave me.
she also thinks that I do have weak adrenals.
It will take 2 weeks before we get the results.
She also tested my DHEA which I find out on Monday,

Hang in there I knwo it is awful living like this

Pia

Old 05-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #28
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
HI Liz,

funny that you mention the adrenals I just mailed in my salvia test my doctor gave me.

Pia
Hi,

I have to ask my doctor about that. Not sure what he does or if I would need a hormone doctor. I think he would be one to check the adrenals?
Tomorrow I am going to take the 1/2 pill all at once probably with a little food as I haven't taken it like that. Perhaps splitting it isn't working - I know it isn't helping. I only did that to see how it would be. The doctor said to take the half pill - probably to see how I would do with the thought of perhaps increasing it to the whole pill 25 mcg if I felt better. Worst thing is my heart will race and I have had a lot of that during this whole thing - and since it kinda comes and tapers off - well I would just have to ride it out.

You told me one time how much T3 and T4 I was getting with my 135 mg. of Armour - but I don't know where to find that information. I was taking a 120 mg and a 15 mg. tablet the longest - and then of course they cut it back to 90 mg. If you could give me that - I just want to see how much I was getting before.

Thanks,
Let me know how those tests come out,
Liz

Old 05-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #29
Liz1900
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
HI Liz,

Pia
Pia,

Look for two posts on your last one - as I forgot to ask - they don't have a blood test for the adrenals? I heard about the saliva test. Is the DHEA a blood test? Do you know how they treat something like that with the adrenals? There was something about feeling better in the evenings and you and I both have had that - I still do. I don't feel very good - but better - then starts all over in the morning. Still don't know about the burning......

Liz

Old 05-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #30
mauz
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dhea was a blood test. I don't know what she is going to give me for the adrenals yet.
You were taking 20.25 mcg of T3 with your Armour so yes I would try more of the Cytomel.

take care
Pia

Closed Thread