It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

please help understand TPO AB & anti thyroid AB

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
tnquilter
(female)

tnquilter HB User
please help understand TPO AB & anti thyroid AB

My Microsom TPO AB is <10
Anti Thyroid AB is <20

Is this normal readings???

I don't go back until Oct 6th and I just don't understand the test.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
mkgbrook
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: please help understand TPO AB & anti thyroid AB

You are with in normal limits. You have a small amout of antibodies that are detectable, but not enough for it to be a positive identification of Hashimoto's. Now this doesn't completely rule out you have Hashimoto's. There is a 15 % chance of a false negatiove on the test.. so you may have Hashi's with out detectable antibody levels. The only 100% identification method for Hashimoto's is a biopsy of the thyroid tissue. The tissue destruction for Hashimoto's is very distinct.

MG

Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
Oleander53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

That is very good information to know.....

My Endo is from Iceland and he is a little different but he feels Antibodies can go up and down as the disease flares........I have been tested 3 times all negative but with some numbers showing.......he says that does not mean I do not have it......I maybe fall into that 15 %. He feels strongly I have it.

I July I had an episode.....neck got swollen, tired and depressed, face got puffy, some trouble sleeping even though was so tired.......just apathetic..felt that old pressure in my throat.......He felt it was an episode of Hashi's flaring. My labs showed my goiter and nodules were larger and my T4 was down.....so he changed and upped my meds and I am much better now.

I do sometimes worry if this is it? Seems the last 4 months I am aware again of my goiter..I can feel it most times......I is just a feeling in my gut. Just a feeling that trouble is lurking in there. My last uptake said no focal hyperactive nodules. I have about 6 dominate nodules and a goiter. Just a feeling lately. I am hoping it is just the Hashi's which is bad enough.

Good Luck and thanks to all...........Oleander

Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
tnquilter
(female)

tnquilter HB User

I have been sick for about 2 years. My vitamin d dropped to 4 and I have went thru taking 50,000 2x wk for 4 weeks and 50,000 once a week for 8 weeks, then 2700 units a day, two different times. The last check on my vitamin was at 34 and that was after I had taken 50,000 units 3 days before the test.

My B-12 is also low and I had a shot last month and taken 1000 mcg a day trying to see if that will help the fatigue.
I take spells that I freeze to death, my temp is never above 97 - most of the time it is @ 96 and this last winter at times it stayed at 94.4 and I would actually be shivering with the home temperture at 80. I ached even more then.
I tremor so bad at times I can't hold a book to read.

He also tested parathyroid and that show
PTH Intact 52
PTH Intact w/ca 9.5
Urine 24 hr calcium check was 10.6

My tsh was at 1.50
T4Free 1.14
C-Peptide 9.5 (1.1-5.0 being normal) but I did not know I should fast before test.

Does this normal???

I ache all over. My legs and feet will tingle and sometimes the back of my neck hurts so bad and it will tingle up into the back of my neck and cause headaches.
My heart got to racing so bad I had to go to the doctor. I failed a nuclear stress test, with them saying they thought I had a blockage on the left side of my heart. I then had to have a heart cath and the cardo said he did not see a blockage. I do have afibiltration problem.

Does any of this go along with thyroid problems and possible Hastimotos?

The endo thinks I might also have celiac disease and that could be causing the vitamins not to absorb. I get so bloated after eating wheat cereal or breads.

Thank you so much for your help. I feel like I am losing my mind!!!

Last edited by tnquilter; 09-13-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Closed Thread