It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• when to go to the ER for hypothyroidism

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #1
    iyangki1
    (female)

iyangki1 HB User
    when to go to the ER for hypothyroidism

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 05:18 AM   #2
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    Re: when to go to the ER for hypothyroidism

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iyangki1 View Post
    I wouldn't THINK it would ever cause any emergency.

Seems to be a slow thing. You're newly diagnosed? Doing some online searches is much faster than going doctor to doctor, when it seems most don't really keep up with current Ranges, may even think the TSH number tells the story, but many things can lower your TSH. Yours must be pretty high. If you want to mention it and get replies from more-knowledgeable members, we're always saying include your number and what that particular lab's Range is.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
    maxine0703
    (female)

maxine0703 HB User

Can having Hypothyroidism cause the sufferer to experience panic attacks along with all the other symptoms? I remember suffering from Panic Attacks when I first started having symptoms because I had no idea what was wrong with me. I guess some people experience Panic Attacks so severely that they may end up at the ER.
    What do you think?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxine0703 View Post
    Can having Hypothyroidism cause the sufferer to experience panic attacks along with all the other symptoms? I remember suffering from Panic Attacks when I first started having symptoms because I had no idea what was wrong with me. I guess some people experience Panic Attacks so severely that they may end up at the ER.
    What do you think?
    I'd tend to agree, though I don't have panic attacks, and I avoid ER's like the plague. Now 72, lifelong hypo w/antibodies, miscarriages when I was young, diabetes complications now, I'm still active in music groups, union musician, haven't had to spend a night in a hospital since last childbirth in 1972. Evidently the question is from someone just diagnosed who wasn't told hypo is not an emergency thing unless there's something I don't know about.

Relax? Most of us try to avoid the scans that include any radiation, even tracer doeses. Someone here said their dentist only does xrays every three years. If your TSH ever goes out of Range low, there can be many possible causes besides overdose and unless you're FEELING overdosed hyper, you'd want your antibodies and Frees tested, and to do online searches about the various thyroid disorders.

Last edited by Eagle; 09-30-2008 at 06:04 AM.

Closed Thread