It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• should I be concerned that it feels like my heart is beating in my throat or abdomina

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
    merb76
    (female)

merb76 HB User
    should I be concerned that it feels like my heart is beating in my throat or abdomina

should I be concerned that it feels like my heart is beating in my throat or abdominal area?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #2
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
    Re: should I be concerned that it feels like my heart is beating in my throat or abdo

It depends on so many things...your age,weight,your medical condition, when did it start, is it constant,have you counted how many beats per min. and how long does it last? Any pain with it, what triggers it to start. You posted it under thyroid board so are you thinkin it is related to your thyroid? A thyroid storm would cause an extreme pounding heart. Have you seen a doctor about it?

Old 10-01-2008, 05:11 AM   #3
    merb76
    (female)

merb76 HB User
    Re: should I be concerned that it feels like my heart is beating in my throat or abdo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
    It depends on so many things...your age,weight,your medical condition, when did it start, is it constant,have you counted how many beats per min. and how long does it last? Any pain with it, what triggers it to start. You posted it under thyroid board so are you thinkin it is related to your thyroid? A thyroid storm would cause an extreme pounding heart. Have you seen a doctor about it?
    My thyroid is actually enlarged on the right side and I am scheduled for an ultrasound of the thyroid and an upper GI next Monday. I have not been feeling well for months and just cannot put my finger on why. I am hoping this will give me some answers. Although, I am a bit concerned, as at the end of July they did some blood work and my TSH was norm, then all of the sudden my thyroid is swollen. I am a little concerned it may be something serious, as they said my TSH level was norm.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
    Barbara_Ann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

I have that feeling from time to time ...........although it feels like it's my heart beat, it's actually little muscle spasms. Since being diagnosed hypoT I have some very weird feelings from time to time. I also tend to listen and watch my body too closely. I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be.

Although your doctor is telling you your tsh is in range, he may be working with out of date ranges. You tsh may actually show you hypothyroid with the new ranges.

Try not to worry until you get the results of the ultra-sound.

If the ultra-sound is clear and you continue feeling like you do, I'd call around and find a doctor or endo that would treat your symptoms & your lab work. Not just your lab work.

Good luck, hang in there, and keep to board posted on your results.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
    merb76
    (female)

merb76 HB User

I will maybe ask them to do thyroid levels again today, including free T4. I just want to feel better. I had my tests done on Monday (upper GI and thyroid ultrasound) and I am going for the results today. I will let you know what the doctor says. Thanks for all the info and help everyone!! It is nice to know I am not alone in all of this!!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
    lynnybug55
    (female)

lynnybug55 HB User

merb,
    I'm a newbie here, too. I've had palpitations for 20 years, along with anxiety attacks for 25). I was finally diagnosed with Hashimoto's and hyperthyroidism just this week. I started on PTU 2 days ago, and already my palpitations are better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and hang in there!

Old 10-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
    tired47
    (female)

tired47 HB User

Dear all,
    I am with you and all those "scarey" feelings like heart pounding, racing, muscle spasms, just downright wierd feelings at times.... things you never noticed before. Sometimes I wonder is it my thyroid issues, or just perimenopause/ menopause.....
    I hope it gets better when you are in more "normal" ranges. Hang in there ALL!

Closed Thread