It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Crazy Hyper symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
    CingU
    (female)

CingU HB User
    Talking Crazy Hyper symptoms

Hi, I'm from Canada and lab levels here in Ontario are
    TSH 0.35-5.00
    FT3 2.6-5.7
    FT4 10-20

In 2006 I was diagnosed with multinodular goiter and my levels were all tested within normal ranges. For the past few months I have been experienceing crazy hyper symptoms and had my levels checked again, my TSH has dropped from 1.092 to 0.41 and my FT4 is at 12 , my FT3 was not tested by this doctor but in 2007 it was 4.2.
    I know to be overtly hyper my 4 and 3 need to be elevated so can anyone explain the decline in TSH. I am on no medications. I had a partial hysterectomy last october and also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia shortly after. In my research i found that hyper and fibromyalgia cannot co-exist and think maybe it's the thyroid and NOT fibromyalgia. I currently do not take meds for fibro because i'm not confident in the diagnosis.
    Could I possibly have subclinical hyper along with the nodules.
    Doctors won't jump here until you are below the reference ranges but i would like to avoid overt hyper if possible by getting an early diagnosis and treating the hyper symtoms. I am currently 38 years old and have gone down to 97lbs, sweating all the time, weak and sore, hair falling out( wear wigs now) insomnia and lack of concentration, this is weird but i have found myself starring alot lately, where i have to snap out of it, maybe nothing but thought i'd mention it.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
    CingU
    (female)

CingU HB User
    Re: Crazy Hyper symptoms

I never get responses on here, it's frustrating, can anyone help please!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
    MathTeach1
    (female)

MathTeach1 HB User

I can't help you - I'm by no means an expert - but I think you need to allow more than 90 minutes to get a response.

Having said that, I understand wanting to get answers, and when I'm frustrated, I know I want them NOW.

I hope someone can help you out.

Charisse

Old 10-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
    CingU
    (female)

CingU HB User

I know, i'm sorry for the impatience, I am just frustrated in general, accept my apology everyone!

Old 10-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
    Meep
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User

Your symptoms and labs point to bein hypO rather than hyper. Sure TSH is low-ish, but thsi often happens as the hypothalamus (responsible for stimulating the pituitary gland) and pituitary (responsible for TSH production) decide that your metabolism need to be further slowed down.

Another thing, TSH can vary more than that in 24 hours, so that amount of change i snot terribly significant. TSH is really only a reliable indicator at the extremes, not so much when it is "normal".

I seriously doubt that you are hyperthyroid, and need to focus your search for the causes of your symptoms on what your labs and symptoms reveal. Let's talk about your symptoms:

Hair loss: Symptom of hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and low Ferritin among other things. I would be willing to bet that if you had a Ferritin lab done, it would be below 50, and probably closer to 25 or 30 (70-90 is optimal) . That coupled with your very low normal T4 will result in hair loss in most people. Period.

Nodules. Most likely, but not always symptoms of a thyroid imbalance, and regardless of whtere there is an imbalance, this is still a symptom that should be treated.

Weight loss. Interesting symptom. The first thing I thought of when I read this is that it is likely to happen with adrenal fatigue/Addison's Disease. These patients often have crisis moments, extreme anxiety, and generalised aches and pains are common, too. The symptoms mimic hypERthyroidism, in many ways.

Often TSH is not elevated in hypo patients who have adrenal problems--you seem to fit that pattern.

Weakenss and soreness. Adrenal fatigue and Addison's again. When my Cortisol is low, I have no stamina, I have muscle aches, pains, and am generally stiff--especially in the mornings.

Fibromyalgia: this is a cop-out diagnosis where doctors have started calling a collection of non-descrip symptoms a disease. Fibromyalgia means "fiber pain". IT is a SYMPTOM of the other imbalances that you are experiencing and a very common symptom at that. It is just more profitable for doctors and drug companies to throw pain pills at it.

What do I think? I think you have an adrenal problem, first and foremost, though I would want to back that up with labwork. Regardless, your health is important and if one doctor is not going to look at you in a timely manner, then move on to another one, if you can. Get help, I think you need it.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #6
    CingU
    (female)

CingU HB User

Thankyou for your reply Meep, This is an interesting observation and thankyou so much, i will indeed get my Ferritin and Cortisol checked and explore the adrenal aspect.
    I guess i am putting too much emphasis on the TSH and nodules. Hypo is something i didn't consider because of the weight loss.

Thankyou again, i will let you know when i get the tests done.

Closed Thread