It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Anyone taking Armour Cytomel Combo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
    Oleander53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
    Anyone taking Armour Cytomel Combo

Looks like I am switching off Thyrolar2 back to Armour due to my milk allergy. Thyrolar has Lactose in it........so I am going back to Armour and want to keep taking my Cytomel in the afternoon.......

Wondering how it agrees with others..... I will be on Armour 3 Grain and Cytomel 25 mcg in the afternoon.

I just hate it since the Thyrolar worked so good for me.......it just isnt' worth the chance of having a severe allergic reaction...

I wonder how many people have stomach problems from the lactose in these medications? I talked with Forest Pharmacueticals today and they confirmed there is Lactose in the Thyrolar.

Thanks so much everyone....... Oleander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
    Suey77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Suey77 HB User
    Cool Re: Anyone taking Armour Cytomel Combo

Until June of this year I was taking a Armour (2 grains) & Cytomel (12.5 mcg's) combo. My T4's were low (due to stupid Doc#5 syndrome) , while my T3's were mid range. I actually lost weight on that combo.

Now with Doc#6 who had no probs adding Levoxyl to 2 grains of Armour to get my T4's out of the gutter. Since june I haven't taken the combo , , , (which I felt bandaided my prob, not fix it)

Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
    Oleander53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
    Re: Anyone taking Armour Cytomel Combo

Sue........thanks....

I have been on the Thryolar2 and Cytomel not too long.....I liked it very much and felt good on it.....To refresh you I was on Armour before that and my t4 started dropping.........actually when I look back my t4 was never where it should have been.

My Endo felt it was right to take me off the Thyrolar 2 due to the Lactose in it just to be safe.........he wants me to try just Armour again but the Cytomel worked so well for me in the afternoons.......He wants me to take Armour 2 Grains in the morning and one Grain in the afternoon......so total of 3 Grains.

I just felt so much better on the Cytomel.....I also talked to Forest Labs and they said I could switch the Armour right over like the Thyrolar......they said it is 1 to 1.......so I can take the same dose of Armour that I was was taking of Thyrolar2 and add the Cytomel..........

So I go for labs tomorrow . I started back on the Armour today total of 3 Grains and I took a nap this afternoon.........I know I will sleep tonight.

Tell me why you felt the Cytomel only bandaided your problem......

Thanks again for the response.

Oleander

Old 10-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #4
    Suey77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Suey77 HB User
    Cool Re: Anyone taking Armour Cytomel Combo

I LOVE Cytomel , , ,

the "Bandaid" was basically because I was under medicated on 2 grains Armour w/ Cyt. But it got me feeling good enough to slowly lose 10+ pounds, while not totally FIXING my problem. My T4's were .8 just at the bottom end of the range. And that Dr REFUSED to increase my Armour, or add T4 to it, saying that patients don't feel different with their numbers higher

Dr#6 had no trouble understanding why I wanted my T4's higher than barely in range. Taking Armour & Levoxyl now

Old 10-08-2008, 06:31 AM   #5
    Suey77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Suey77 HB User
    Re: Anyone taking Armour Cytomel Combo

I've been taking Armour since May 07. Only recently (2 weeks) have I started taking Levoxyl w/ it. My Osteopathic Endo says that normally they lower the Armour before combining a T4 with it. But since I was barely IN range w/ t3's & T4's he let me keep my 2 grains adding 25 mcg's Levoxyl to Armour. i have no doubt that eventually I'll end up with a 75-88 mcg dose of Levoxyl.

(just my opinion ->) If you've recently started Armour, I seriously doubt that most Doctors would add T4 to it! My old Dr was also a D.0. (Osteopathic) & absolutely refused to raise my Armour or add T4 to it even when I was BARELY in range!! it was maddening

one2wonder - hope you have more sucsess

Closed Thread