It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• YEA!! Thyroglobulin tumor marker less than 0.1

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
    Lori123
    Veteran
    (female)

Lori123 HB User
    Wink YEA!! Thyroglobulin tumor marker less than 0.1

Good news..........TG marker undetectable!!! My calcium still low at 8.0 and TSH is at .05. So glad all this swelling in neck {and lymph nodes on US} and salivary glands is not cancer return. I am being referred to a new ENT for a consult as this has been ongoing for quite some time. My submandibular glands ache a lot and my whole neck feels like it is retaining fluid, full and uncomfortable. Seems miniscule compared to what it could have been, but if fixable, that would be great. Maybe the new ENT will know about thyroid cancer, etc. and it seems like there could be something done...maybe steroids, or something?. Anyway, just wanted to share my good news, and now hopefully, I can relax until my "official" one year ckup in Dec. Thanks Reece for your ongoing support, I try to support others on here, as well, but you are always so helpful and positive and I am grateful.
    Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: YEA!! Thyroglobulin tumor marker less than 0.1

Great news! Congrats!

For those swollen salivary glands, massage, massage, massage, (all day long) and you can always have a little advil if it hurts!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
    DR37
    Veteran
    (female)

DR37 HB User

Lisa, YEAH FOR YOU!!! That is just wonderful! Time for you to enjoy living healthy. I am sorry to hear about the discomfort in your throat still. Hope this new ENT can help solve it. And no, it's not miniscule to want to feel COMPLETELY better after the whole cancer thing

I have a question for you both, if you don't mind me asking on this thread. My own Thyroglobulin lvl is .8 and my TSH is 1.03. I'm going to a new endo on Thursday, but I'm a bit worried about my throat. For a little over two weeks, it's felt like I have a sore throat, to the point where I take a couple cough drops a night and my throat is still sore in the morning. I don't have any other cold symptoms, so I don't think I'm sick. I can't tell if my lymph nodes are swollen or not. Throat is sore off and on through the day but is worse at night and first thing in the morning. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
    Lori123
    Veteran
    (female)

Lori123 HB User

Hi Reece, and DesertRose,
    Reece, thanks again, and I will massage more, hopefully that will help. The swelling never subsides completely, although it is better at times? Don't quite get it. I am waiting for new ENT's office to call with appt. We'll see...just happy nothing serious!!
    Take care,
    Lori

Desert, {you called me Lisa, it's Lori, no biggie, lots of different names on here!!!} Thank you so much for responding, we are all in a little different place on our TC journey, and I am glad you and TC are doing well!! It's great to come out on the "other side" isn't it?? Your TSH will have to be lowered eventually to supress your cancer from returning. I can't tell you about your throat, great that you are seeing the new endo today, I have had ongoing swelling, etc. since my surgery and RA-I, I actually have more swelling now, throughout my throat, not just in the area of my Sal. glands, which are also swollen, so MY DOCS said that it takes a long time for things to settle down after a TT and I had a high dose of RA-I, 200mci, and that area, has to heal, and I was told it takes quite some time, so I really just hope yours is just healing, but it sounds like it could even be allergies, hopefully you wil get answers today, let us know.

Thanks again, Ladies, Its sure nice to know where to come to for advice and support!!
    Lori

Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
    DR37
    Veteran
    (female)

DR37 HB User

LORI (omigosh, I'm SO sorry about that blame it on the thyroid ) you're awesome. Thanks for letting me know. I had a 200 mc dose too! And I didn't realize how LONG it was going to take for my body to heal. The Endo today (who I think I will like) said it can take up to 6 months for the cancer to fully die out, and up to a YEAR to really get back to normal after the RAI. LOL, I guess I had talked it down so much in my head that I was thinking it is not that big of a deal. I'm totally back to life as usual, busy busy busy. On my feet all day every day, just about. This new info really reminds me that, at least for this year, I need to take it easy and not say YES to everyone. Do I even know how to do that? LOL, I'll have to learn. At any rate, thanks for the encouragement and I hope your swelling goes down. That is bothersome I hope it's not affecting your swallowing, etc. But, as you said, it is probably something that will go down once your body has had more time to heal. I hope the massage helps! Also, I'm taking vit E oil and I think it works wonders helping your body heal itself. It might be a mental thing, lol, and I don't know how it would help, but it's always one other thing you can try. GL dear!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
    Lori123
    Veteran
    (female)

Lori123 HB User

Hi DR
    Glad to hear you like your endo. I have seen mine a couple of times and he seems nice, too. What did your endo say about your sore throat? Is is just irritation and healing time needed? I haven't taken vit. E in years, but I can certainly try it and add it to all the others. I have never taken anything except an occassional vitamin and now I take so many, what's one more? Ha.
    I also wanted to tell you that I am so glad that you found out you don't need another RA-I tx. I was quite surprised that you thought you did, because 200mci, as you know is quite a dose, and I don't "think" they ususally consider another dose until it has been a year, anyway. But, GREAT to hear you are done, must be a huge relief. I already felt like I had a whopper of a dose compared to most people on here. My tumor was 1.2cm and no mets at all, and 200mci. I spoke to the nuclear med. dept. and they said its best to hit it hard, and most do not ever need it again, sounds GOOD to me.....
    Take care,
    Lori

Old 10-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
    DR37
    Veteran
    (female)

DR37 HB User

Hi Lori! You are so kind. Yes, it's been a MAJOR relief to know I don't have to do it all again in Feb. And my Endo seems to know his stuff so I think I'll be happy w/ him. He's going to retest me for PCOS in a few months so we can treat that as well. He told me the sore throat is nothing to worry about, thank goodness. Sorry, I'm running late, but wanted to say thanks and hope all is well! Bye!

Closed Thread