It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Cytomel with Levoxyl or Armour???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
    Jennypooh46226
    (female)

Jennypooh46226 HB User
    Cytomel with Levoxyl or Armour???

Ok... I just started seeing an Endo a few weeks ago because my family doctor felt like it was time. I am 27 months post-partum. Yes..27 months! I am still having horrible Hypo symptoms and my levoxyl has been adjusted a few times in the course of the two years. I have had Hypothyroid for over 12 years but major problems since the day I gave birth. Joint Pain, Horrible Fatigue, weight gain, brain fog, eyelid swelling, palpitations, intolerence to both hot and cold, I could go on and on with my symptoms. I just don't feel normal!! I tried for 8 years to have a baby and I would like to feel like playing with her!!

My question to you ladies.....I don't know anything about Cytomel nor do I know much about Armour. I take 1oo MG of levoxyl and the endo is going to add 10 mg cytomel for now or give me the option to take Armour instead of those. Cost wise cytomel is $50.00 and levoxyl $14.00 and I think armour would be about $15.00. So...I know financially Armour wins the bet. BUT.....I am looking to feel better NO MATTER what the cost. I might also add..that both my levels now of T3 and T4 are in "normal range" but he said he had room for some "play" to try and get me feeling better.....Whatever that means!

Any feed back on these drugs would be greatly apprectiated. My endo is going to let me choose what direction I want to take. I just don't know if I should go with two drugs or the Armour instead?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Jennypooh46226; 10-09-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
    FinnMaid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
    Re: Cytomel with Levoxyl or Armour???

If I were in your shoes I'd go for Armour but T4/T3-combo has worked for me too (over here it's opposite with these costs - my T4 costs me about $5 a month and my T3 something less than $10 a month whereas Armour would probably cost me about $70 or something - no real competition there )

Closed Thread