It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Hashis and Tender Lymphs... waht's going on here?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
    Lesa45
    (female)

Lesa45 HB User
    Hashis and Tender Lymphs... waht's going on here?

Hey All, I have Hashis and last week my neck and armpit lymphs were tender. I assumed it was a virus. I took Motrin for a couple of days for a root canal and the tenderness was gone (I assumed the virus was over.) Today my armpit lymphs are tender again. Please tell me this is just a coincidence and not a 'normal' Hashi symptom. Ugggh!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    Re: Hashis and Tender Lymphs... waht's going on here?

Don't know. Bumping this up. But I have the very same lymph gland problems. Do you also get a slight sore throat with it?

Haven't actually been told I have Hashi's. (Thyroglobulin AB a little high but TPO not, and I've read that adequate medication, which I've had, helps keep harmful ABs slower and lower.)

I sometimes have a maybe clogged lymph gland in my neck, vertical, right? No chance yet to have asked any doctor about it. If I palpate firmly it disappears. I don't really know if there's such a thing as clogged, a term I just now invented as maybe a possibility.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
    Lesa45
    (female)

Lesa45 HB User

Hey Eagle, Yes it does feel like a sore throat kind of thing. Then it subsides and i notice it in my armpits. Hmmmmm. I have recently lowered my synthroid. Maybe my Abs are running rampant. Interesting theory. I'm from Flint. Now I'm in Texas. It's good to talk to Michigan folks. Anybody else have any ideas??

Old 10-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Good to hear someone from Flint too. You're going to get your AB's tested as soon as you get the chance, right? Hope you don't have to try a lot of different doctors to find out if this pattern always happens when we lower our dosage. Good luck.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
    waratah
    (female)

waratah HB User

Hi Lesarosi,

I have Hashi's and also swollen sore throat feeling, tender lymph nodes neck and underarm, difficulty swallowing, mild swelling on both sides of stiff neck.

Geezzz, all these Hashi symptoms, hopefully some bright young medic will see an opportunity for a Phd in this and do some original research and write a major doctoral thesis. There's certainly no shortage of research respondents here.

We can't all be imagining our myriad symptoms , because so many of us are reporting exactly the same troubles.
    Just my 'two and sixpence',
    Regards, Waratah

Closed Thread