It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

  • FNA result Indeterminate doc says wait 4-6 months huh?

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 10-13-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: California
    Posts: 3
    MissRed48 HB User
    Unhappy FNA result Indeterminate doc says wait 4-6 months huh?


    I am new here. Glad to see there is a board to ask questions and get support.
    Ijust spoke with Doc friday and was told one of the nodules that had an FNNA biopsy came back as indeterminate. I have been researching the internet and thay all say to have the nodule removed. I have 2 nodules on each lobes. Doc wants to wait 4-6 month and do another biopsy. That does not make sense to me. My symptoms have come on so rapidly these past 6 weeks. I feel aweful and my fatigues grows everyday. I can't function well and only last at work till about 2 pm and I just want to curl up and lay down. My skin also is getting more drier each day. It is hard to swalow at times, my voice is hoarse on and off, and I sweat at night like crazy. I also feel like I have a fever in the evening. I had the Doc do an Ultrasound and that is how we found the 2 nodules. I also asked her to do a blood test even though she kept telling me that my TSH is normal. well Friday shwe told me it is still normal so i asked what the number was and what my T4 was.

    My TSH was 0.9 (normal) and my T4 is below normal.

    Can anyone tell me if they have had this result or offer any suggestions? I feel I should not even wait a week and get this treated. I am also on an insulin pump and I have now become resistant to my insulin. I am not winning this battle! HELP!


    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 10-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: NY
    Posts: 3,803
    Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: FNA result Indeterminate doc says wait 4-6 months huh?

    Indeterminate is different than suspicious, it could be they couldn't draw enough cells to get a good sample---this is really common.

    Are you seeing a surgeon, or an endo? If you believe it's the nodules giving you so much discomfort, you can get another opinion.

    These things usually dont grow rapidly, so they are not an emergency.

    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Indeterminate?? J0J0 Lyme Disease 2 11-02-2006 12:06 PM

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 AM.

    2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!