It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• please look at my result

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
    Amini
    (female)

Amini HB User
    please look at my result

Hi all,
    Itís been a year that Iím having this problem and I went to several blood tests since then.
    I was diagnose with hypothyroid problem they did treat me at the first week that I had my mids I saw a major deference in me I lost almost 5 KG my hair stopped falling felt good about myself.
    After that week everything returned the same itís like I didnít have any treatment, so I went to another doctor he gave me another test and looked at the results and said that I was hyperthyroid which I was shocked cuz instead of losing Iím gaining weight, Iím always cold and always felling tired like I had exercised many hours this is the felling that I have in my muscles.
    This is the results:
    ESR=18 mm/hr Normal ((0-7 mm/hr))
    TSH=2.78 micro lu/ml Normal ((0.270-4.20 micro lu/ml))
    FT4=0.956 ng/dl Normal ((0.932-1.71 ng/dl))
    FT3=0.258 ng/dl Normal ((0.182-4.62 ng/dl))
    TPO (microsoml)-
    Antibodies thyroid=50.03 lu/ml Normal ((0.00-34.00 lu/ml))
    Thyroglobu lin, antibody=<10.00 lu/ml Normal ((<115 lu/ml))

I know Iím not a doctor but I think there is something wrong but the doctor told me that Iím fine I donít feel fine he doesnít feel what I feel, he just gave me some vitamins for my hear, Stresstabs and Euthyrox 25 micro G once a day.
    So could someone explain to me what does it mean and why do I feel tired sleepy all the time, and why Iím crying for very stupid thing.
    I was very optimistic person still am but something changed in me which I donít like I donít even like to see myself in the mirror I feel ugly; I gain 20 kg so someone please answer me cuz Iím really tired and if there is something I can do or another test I should take. And I know I have to be on diet and exercise I know that other answers Iím looking for please.
    Many Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: please look at my result

You are very hypOthyroid, Amini. The second doctor is very badly mistaken about you being hyperthyroid. It's likely that the first doctor simply didn't give you a high enough dose of thyroid medicine. When your symptoms returned, your dose should have been raised.

Can you go back to the first doctor and ask for more medicine than just original starting dose? If not, see a third doctor, because the one you're seeing now is NOT a competent one when it comes to thyroid disease.

Let us know what happens, ok?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
    Amini
    (female)

Amini HB User

Thanks midwest1 for replaying
    but can I ask you how do you know cuz i like to know??
    and I think Iíll go to another doctor but do you think itís better to go to nutrition doctor??
    Do they know about it and can they treat it or what??

Thanks

Old 10-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

TSH=2.78 micro lu/ml Normal ((0.270-4.20 micro lu/ml))
    FT4=0.956 ng/dl Normal ((0.932-1.71 ng/dl))
    FT3=0.258 ng/dl Normal ((0.182-4.62 ng/dl))
    TPO (microsoml)-

Let's take these results one at a time.

Your TSH is high-normal. A healthy person who has no thyroid disease has TSH of about 1. Yours is high enough to be considered hypothyroid by the most recent standards.

Your free T4 is at the very bottom of the lab's reference range. That is low enough to also be considered hypothyroid, especially in conjunction with the high TSH. Your cells aren't getting enough T4 to make them function correctly, and that creates symptoms. The average thyroid-healthy person will have a free T4 level within the upper half to upper third of its range.

What I just said about your free T4 holds true for your free T3.

Your TPO antibodies are positive, meaning the cause of your hypothyroidism is Hashimoto's thyroiditis. This condition destroys thyroid gland tissue, making it incapable of producing thyroid hormone.

All these things combined are compelling evidence that you must have sufficient thyroid replacement. As I said before, it's very likely that you weren't adequately treated the first time around. The fact that your symptoms got better, then got worse again, just means the dose should have been increased. That's the way it happens with most of us. The starting dose is almost never the eventual optimal dose that's required.

Nutrition changes won't get you anywhere. You must have an adequate dose of hormone, either in the form of levothyroxine or natural dessicated thyroid, to replace what your body can no longer make. If the "nutrition doctor" you choose is able to prescribe thyroid hormone, you may do better with him or her than a medical doctor. But take my advice... Don't try to get by without that hormone. It won't work.

Good luck to you!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #5
    Amini
    (female)

Amini HB User

I knew it cuz I donít feel good i know myself and I know that something changed in me, also when I saw this result
    I knew that there was something wrong its above normal when the doctor told me that Iím fine I told him why do I keep feeling this way he said lack of movement with the weight that Iím in right now Iím pretty active.
    I gain 20KG in 2 month that was not normal and I donít know how to lose it.
    any way thanks a lot you mad my day cuz I felt that they think I was lying, I donít know why I keep felling this way which is wrong, but Iíll go to another doc. and we will see.
    Iíll tell you about the new results.

Thanks again

Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
    Amini
    (female)

Amini HB User

is there any test missing in my test that i should inform the doc that i want to tak it??

Old 10-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
    abigchocoholic
    (male)

abigchocoholic HB User

It's pretty easy and staring you in the face. You're badly hypothyhroid. You should feel much better when you get your numbers into the upper 1/4 of range. (Right now you are in the lower 1/4 of range.)

Get on it now! The sooner you do, the sooner you'll feel good again.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
    Amini
    (female)

Amini HB User

One more thing is that the ((Stresstabs)) that the doc prescribe it for me is once a day after lunch whenever I take it I get a headache I don’t know why. is it cuz it contain a lot of vitamin B??or thats not the reason.

Appreciated

Last edited by Amini; 10-20-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Closed Thread