It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• High Sed rate and scalp problems due to hypothyroidism?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
    denise45
    (female)

denise45 HB User
    High Sed rate and scalp problems due to hypothyroidism?

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone out there that has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism was told they had a high sedimentation rate. Also, It seems that I have had scalp problems since I have been diagnosed. It is like I have little tiny pimples by a hair follicle and it eventually turns into a larger sore. I also have frequent uti problems. Anyone like me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: High Sed rate and scalp problems due to hypothyroidism?

Look over these threads of mine.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=597479[/url]
    [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=599141[/url]

They are compiled thyroid care and concern basics that I posted to save repeating myself.

Now to answer your questions. High sed rates are common anytime you have inflammation in your system. This can happen in thyroiditis flares. Have you been tested for Hashimoto's thyroiditis? If not, you should get your MD to run the TPOAb and TGAb blood tests. It is most likely the cause of your hypoT.

My mom, Aunt B1, and I have Hashimoto's and Graves. We get the scalp pimples and sores on occasion. Normally it corresponds to menstrual cycle and ovulation. Now my mom and aunt have went meno.. it is rare for them to get this symptom. I still get it on occasion. Using a dandruff control shampoo.. was a recommendation by my dermatologist. It has helped.

My mom and her sisters have had UTI issues as well. i have not had them as bad. I am not sure what the source may be.. but hypoT may aggravate it. I really do not know on that one. I hope you find your answers soon.

MG

Last edited by mkgb; 10-21-2008 at 06:13 AM.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
    denise45
    (female)

denise45 HB User
    Re: High Sed rate and scalp problems due to hypothyroidism?

Thank You so much for the thyroid info. I have a doctors appointment tommorrow amd will request those blood tests.

Closed Thread