It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• ENT says Blood work for thyroid levels were normal, but have antibodies? So confused

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
    REE77
    (female)

REE77 HB User
    ENT says Blood work for thyroid levels were normal, but have antibodies? So confused

I have explained my situation on other posts and hope someone can answer my questions. I have a 2 cm nodule on thyroid with some smaller ones on other side also. ENT sending for ultrasound FNA Wed. I thought that the nodules were the cause of my thyroid symptoms, weight gain, tiredness, out of it feeling . He is telling me well your blood work, I am assuming TSH levels are fine so your thyroid is functioning properly & that is not why your feeling like this. I am confused because my regular Dr said my antibodies were elevated so I thought that was an indication of Hashimotos which runs in the family. I feel like I am being blown off just because my thyroid levels were normal. This is so confusing , does this happen to people where your levels are fine. I have had thyroid scan, ultrasound fot thyroid to check nodules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: ENT says Blood work for thyroid levels were normal, but have antibodies? So confu

The ENT is trying to treat the physical phenomena. He may not be up on the latest on thyroid levels and care. He seems to know the care of nodules, but that is the actual physical structure of the thyroid, not the hormonal regulation. Your nodules and antibodies are a CLEAR indicator of Hashimoto's. Your ENT may be looking at the TSH and saying.. you are normal by TSH alone. Current studies show high antibody levels and SUBOPTIMAL T4 and T3 levels can cause symptoms. What were your last labs that the ENT looked at. It is possible that your ENT is wrong. Many MDs are wrong when it comes to thyroid care and concerns because they are not up on the latest levels and care management.

MG

Closed Thread