It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• lab results!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
    ymoore86
    (female)

ymoore86 HB User
    Question lab results!!

any help would be much appreciated with interpreting these results.

since i was hypo i had been on the same dose of 150 mcg levothyroxine. I didnt have a dr and stopped taking my med for a couple months. when i couldnt afford to see the dr i went to a free clinic where they did my labs this is the first one.
    06/09/08

TSH- 20.058 high ref 0.36-5.5
    T4- 0.96 ref 0.61-1.76
    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) AB note ref 0- 34
    IPO is greater than 10000

started me back on my 150mcg levothyroxine
    the above lab was right before i developed subacute painful thyroiditis.
    my thyroid was giving me alot of pain and i ended up going to carenow where you see a dr on an urgent basis(not your regular dr) he diagnosed me and said i should get a dr and my labs done asap. so i went back to the free clinic to get my labs done...here are the results
    07/02/08

TSH 0.466 ref 0.35-5.5
    T3 Uptake 33 ref 24-39

they said i was normal and the meds must be working(whatever) i told the doctors there that i would like to get it checked again soon because with subacute painful thyroiditis your thyroid would leak TSH and make me go hyperthyroid. so they said ok and this is the next one..
    07/21/08

TSH 0.233 Low ref 0.360-5.5
    T4 Free cant read(bad copy) normal ref 0.61-1.76
    Triiodothyronine, free, serum 3.0 ref 2.3-4.2

told the clinic that thats what happens with subacute painful thyroiditis and i would like to have my labs done again soon. missed my next appt and couldnt get my labs done for 2 months. i was too scared to continue taking levothyroxine thinking i would become too hyperthyoid (i have anxiety issues)
    so i let them know that. i think i stopped only for a month though.
    this is my next lab
    09/25/08
    TSH >150.0 Abnormal ref. 0.45-4.5

this shocked me ...i started taking my 150 levothyroxine again and within a month i went to an internalist thinking maybe they can help my thyroid problem. here is my most recent.
    10/23/08
    TSH 0.46

now heres the question ...how did it change that quickly and how in the world do i get this normalized. every dr i have seen says i might just need to see a endo because my case is complicated. i have no insurance but im looking into it. what do i do until then?
    i went and seen my dr thursday and told him that i wanted to get my blood check again because it seems like it changed fast and i dont want to end up hyperthyoid again. im waiting on those results and should get them monday!

sorry so long...hope i didnt confuse you all im just so lost with this.
    thank you.

Last edited by ymoore86; 11-08-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: forgot to put a date

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread