HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Thyroid Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/)
-   -   How long til you start feeling better on Synthyroid??? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/648437-how-long-til-you-start-feeling-better-synthyroid.html)

tired47 11-11-2008 08:33 AM

How long til you start feeling better on Synthyroid???

Just started synthyroid ( 12.5 mg) , working up in doseage slowly.

How long til you feel ANY improvement in symptoms:fatigue, heart palps, muscle spasms,ect.???:confused:

Thanks all!
:)

Dawn80 11-11-2008 08:47 AM

Re: How long til you start feeling better on Synthyroid???

I started Synthyroid about three months ago. I started feeling better as far as fatique around the two month mark and was not tired for about a month (which was a weird feeling!) The last week or so though I've been tired again but they are still trying to adjust my medicine to the right dose. Everyone is different I think. It sucks and it seems like a rollacoaster sometimes. It's no quick fix but according to other people, we'll get there. Hang in there!

midwest1 11-11-2008 10:13 AM

[quote]Just started synthyroid ( 12.5 mg)[/quote]
You're mistaken about your dose. It's either .0125 mgs ([u]milli[/u]grams) which is the same as 12.5 mcgs ([u]micro[/u]grams)... but it cannot be 12.5 mgs, which is more than enough for a herd of hypothyroid horses. ;)

In any event, as Dawn says, everyone is different. My guess, though, is that it'll probably take you quite a while since you're starting with what is considered to be a "non"-dose. The typical starting dose is 50 - 100 micrograms. Until you work up to that, you might not notice much. I hope I'm wrong.

memawof3 11-11-2008 10:47 AM

i too started on synthroid 112mcg about a month ago..
it does take some time i guess for everything to level out:(
i myself wish it would get there soon!:confused:
i was on 100mcg levothyroxine, and my new endo put me on synthyroid
i too have fatiuge and aces and pains in joints and muscles..
my hair is not falling out as much this week, and iam slowly feeling some changes,,,
hang in there!;)
its got to get better!!:angel:
bren

tired47 11-12-2008 11:41 AM

Dear all,
Thanks for the news... hoping for a "miracle curel"- aren't we all?????:confused:

Midwest,
Yep, you are right about the dose- it is 0125 mgs (milligrams), but I really wish for the amount for a small herd of horses right now... anything to help me.;)

I am starting slowly due to heart palps, tachycardia (PSVT), and only going up to 050mgs. because it is stop/reduce thyroid nodules... Endo say my levels are low but "normal" ( oops the dirty word here...).:(

Thanks all!!! Have a great week!:angel:

memawof3 11-12-2008 04:32 PM

hope you get to feeling better soon!
bren