It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Periodic flare ups with severe fatigue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
    wxKathy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wxKathy2 HB User
    Periodic flare ups with severe fatigue

Hi,
    diagnosed in aug 03 and been on increasing amounts of synthroid ever since....anti-bodies never showed it, but doc diagnosed hashimotos (had nodules)....The last two years, I've been having these periodic flareups (don't know what else to call it), usually after stress, where my lymph nodes in my neck, jaw, and back of my neck swell, thyroid swells...then I crash - fatigue so bad I can't get out of bed for several weeks....I've had two CT scans on the neck nodes - none of them seems to be growing - I think they go up and down about three times a year accompanied by this terrible fatigue and other problems (terrible dry face, puffy face, brain fog)...I've seen the endo during one of these episodes and he said something like thyroiditis? Does anyone else have this and is it part of hashis?
    Thanks all....
    Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
    famnd
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

famnd HB User
    Re: Periodic flare ups with severe fatigue

I have thyroiditis (viral) so mine swells at times especially when I get a cold virus from a child. My lymph nodes don't swell like yours-maybe one or two. I know what you mean about the fatigue.

I am having good luck with taking aspirin to manage it & decrease the episodes. I am very careful to avoiding cold viruses. Apparently only certain cold viruses affect the thyroid. I have to schedule my visits to my grandchild in the fall & late Spring. I carry a mask & a bottle of alcohol to swap my hands.

Since you have a lot of lymph node swelling, I would think you need to rule out thyroid cancer. Don't want to worry you but I did read that one's Dr. should always rule that out when there is repeated swelling of lymph nodes. Fam

Closed Thread