It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• synthroid and kidney problems, any relation?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
    d444
    (male)

d444 HB User
    synthroid and kidney problems, any relation?

hi, ive been on sythroid .05/.075 for about 4 years now (26yo) and recently started having side and back pain that i hope isnt kidney related, was woundering since you have to take synthroid with a full glass of water, has anyone ever heard/experienced kidney problems associated with synthroid? and why must it be taken with a glass of water? thanx.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: synthroid and kidney problems, any relation?

The reason they suggest you take a glass of water with synthroid is because it is a bit difficult to swallow/get down the throat.

I don't take a full glass of water, just two big gulps to make sure it got down and will dissolve.

Synthroid is not a drug, it is the natural t4 hormone your body should make, so it's replacement hormone, not a "medication". Any side effects or things that may happen to your body are likely the result of having too little or too much hormone in your body, not the synthroid itself.

You should definitely check out the pain with your doctor.

Closed Thread