It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• choking in the neck because of thyroid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
    chiya1970
    (female)

chiya1970 HB User
    choking in the neck because of thyroid

hi,i have joined it recently.i am 38y old lady of hypothyroidism.facing choking problem in my neck.actualy i was on medication for 18 months then 4 some reason could not take it for 5 months.since i have started it again for last4 month i am putting on my wt & from last week i am having choking problem.it seems something is stuck in my throat.i was on 75mg levo when again i started with the same dose didn't suit me.i reduced the dose 50 didn't worked out again took the same dose75.my doc is not here & have appt in next month in the mean while if anyone can suggest anything or can tell me the reason.thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
    krisuk
    (male)

krisuk HB User
    Re: choking in the neck because of thyroid

i had same problem even before my thyroid swelled a little, but the thyroid is in a location where it can cause these choking problems, not really anything that can be done

Old 12-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
    jshanl
    (male)

jshanl HB User

I have the same chocking problem.I have Hashimotos and an ENT told me my thryoid is swelling up and causing the chocking problem. I'm scheduled to have the right side removed in Jan.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
    famnd
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

famnd HB User

First, I would want to make sure you are not allergic to the dye in the medication. I am allergic to the dye so I have to take the 50mcg tablets & cut them into portions. The 50 mcg are usually white & have no dye.

Can you go to a regular Dr. & have him check your thyroid for size?

The swallowing/choking problems can be from acid reflux as well as damage to the throat from thyroiditis which is what I have.

In the meantime, stick to soft foods that go down easily. Meat is especially difficult to swallow. Water is the hardest to swallow. Fam

Closed Thread