It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Sore Throat once a month

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
    Jenn3019
    (female)

Jenn3019 HB User
    Sore Throat once a month

Hi everyone
    The past four months I have experienced a sore throat on the upper left side of my throat just under my jaw. It usually lasts about three days and generally occurs with my ovulation (but it may or may not be related). I am hypothyroid I have been on 50mg of Levothyroxine for 5 years or so. I dont know if this is related but its weird. The first time it occured I assumed I had an infection and got antibiotics. It went away and I wasnt concerned. The second month it came I thought maybe I just had a relapse of the infection and took more antibiotics and it went away. Now it's the fourth month and I'm becoming concerned. My gland doesnt feel swollen but its definitely sore to the touch. Has this ever happened to anybody? I have a gyno appt in a few weeks I can ask her to refer me to an endo. My gp originally put me on the thyroid meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Sore Thoat 5 Months Suffering.... yesithurts Ear, Nose & Throat 1 08-27-2008 10:20 PM
    Sore Throat After Tonsillectomy - What do do? SoupGuy84 Ear, Nose & Throat 2 06-07-2008 12:44 PM
    Recurring sore throat teresamariec Ear, Nose & Throat 0 01-20-2008 11:12 PM
    Sore throat, strep throat questions. casper35 Ear, Nose & Throat 1 11-09-2006 11:55 PM
    Sore throat for almost 1 month now xersen Ear, Nose & Throat 5 07-23-2006 05:44 AM
    After 2 1/2 month sore throat now canker sores in throat?HELP!! Rafael02 Colds & Flu 1 09-11-2004 01:08 PM
    Sore throat and low grade temp/Lori Rat why the ENT visit - what symptoms? nero Spinal Cord Disorders 3 12-09-2003 05:44 PM