It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
    macs4life06
    (female)

macs4life06 HB User
    Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck

For the past few days I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck. The area under my chin towards the front of my throat is all puffy & I have pain in my throat around my Adams Apple & along the sides of my Adams Apple running down my throat.

Also, this is gonna sounds weird, but I was feeling where the swelling is & I felt a hard lump that moved around. It almost felt like a large gumball.

I don't have a fever or anything. Could this be thyroid related?

Last edited by macs4life06; 01-14-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
    kit456
    (female)

kit456 HB User
    Smile Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck

Quote:
    Originally Posted by macs4life06 View Post
    For the past few days I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck. The area under my chin towards the front of my throat is all puffy & I have pain in my throat around my Adams Apple & along the sides of my Adams Apple running down my throat.

Also, this is gonna sounds weird, but I was feeling where the swelling is & I felt a hard lump that moved around. It almost felt like a large gumball.

I don't have a fever or anything. Could this be thyroid related?
    It's funny that you mention this -- I went to the doctor last week because I had a swollen, hard gland on the left side of my throat that was extremely sensitive to touch. (I also had only a very mild fever.) The doc gave me an antibiotic for that and it has gone down, but just as a precaution, he took some bloodwork and found that my thyroid is way out of whack. My TSH was .004 (low end of normal is .5) and my T3 and T4 were both high. I dont know if the swollen gland was related to my thyroid issues on not, but if you have any other symptoms of thyroid issues, you should definitely get it checked out right away. At the very least, you'll know that it's not related to thyroid and can treat it with other medications. Good Luck!

Closed Thread