It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• to much triiodothyronine can cause what?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
    pain90
    (female)

pain90 HB User
    to much triiodothyronine can cause what?

to much triiodothyronine can cause what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
    Re: to much triiodothyronine can cause what?

I'm on Triiodothyronine to help lift my T3. I've been on it since May 2008 and i haven't had any side effects.

Is that your question? About side effects?

Old 01-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
    accessn12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User

It causes hyperthyroidism and all the various problems associated with that.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

By too much triiodothyronine, are you guys talking about high T3 levels?

My T3 was low and i'm on medication called "triiodothyronine" to help lift it. I think it's a natural drug rather than synthetic.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
    accessn12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, high T3. Do they make a natural T3??? That would be darned expensive to produce. The stuff in the bottle is probably synthetic although chemically identical to what the body produces naturally.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

accessn12 - yes the triiodothyronine is in pure form and yes it is expensive. I take thyroxine seperately.

My doctor started me off firstly on the triiodothyronine and later on he introduced a tiny bit of the thyroxine. He said that much later when i'm fully stabilised they can formulate one capsule to contain the precise amount of thyroxine, triiodothyronine and cortisol for my adrenals, all in the one capsule, so no more taking 3 different types of meds. I think he can do this as he has a university chemist make it on site for him, or something like that anyway.

I'm not sure about the various types of thyroid meds as they have different names in different countries and that gets totally confusing!! Secondly i've read so many good things about the more natural forms of thyroid meds as compared to synthetic. The thyroxine is very cheap so i don't mind paying a little extra for the triiodothyronine in pure form, especially as i went undiagnosed for 8 years. I'm just happy to finally have a refief and feel so much better

Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 AM   #7
    accessn12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I would die to have just one capsule a day. I'd probably choke though. I lost count at 23 and promised myself not to count again.

We call em compounding pharmacies. I know they can do some amazing things but I've never looked into it cause of the cost and the fact that my insurance only covers pills in a bottle unless absolutely necessary. The T3 I take isn't to correct a deficiency either. It's to keep my T3 levels high enough to suppress the pituitary so it doesn't really matter what form I take. The synthetic is called Cytomel in the US.

I'm glad it makes you feel better. Mine makes me feel better too.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Everything was all over the place for me. I think the reason my doctor has his patients on the pure form of T3 is that he uses it himself as he also has Hashi's. I gather he'd only want the best for himself and does like-wise medicinally for his patients. I do hope so!!

Closed Thread