It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Help!! Crashing with Armour - Adrenal Fatigue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
    monkey4
    (female)

monkey4 HB User
    Help!! Crashing with Armour - Adrenal Fatigue

I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Hashimotos. Took Levothyroxine & Cytomel. Was diagnosed during time of extreme stress which lasted 8 years. Was on Zoloft for 8 months which helped some anxiety. Months after stopping, strong anxiety panic and depression came back. New doc switched me to Armour Thyroid. Felt better for 3 days. Then wham!! No energy, can't sleep. Low chronic anxiety & depression. New doc did cortisol test. I am in stage 5 adrenal fatigue. Told me to take hydrocortisone 5mg 2x/day & up it after a week if not feeling better. I did just that. Got massive headaches, new doc said stop taking it. What should I do? Do I have to stop taking Armour altogether and fix adrenals first? (even after being on thyroid meds for 3 years) Or titrate down armour and gradually add hydrocortisone? My doc doesn't seem to be an

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
    cossette2
    Veteran
    (female)

cossette2 HB User
    Re: Help!! Crashing with Armour - Adrenal Fatigue

What happens with adrenal fatigue is the t3 in Armour pools in the blood and can't get to the cells from the low cortisol. Personally i would get the adrenal fatigue problem resolved before resuming the Armour. You won't get the benefit of the T3 in armour until you 'fix' the adrenals.

The "Stop the thyroid madness" book explains this in detail.

Closed Thread