It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Ever hear of a sticky Thyroid?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
    Gemma38
    (female)

Gemma38 HB User
    Smile Ever hear of a sticky Thyroid?

My husband had his T gland removed about 1 month ago and the surgeon mentioned that his T gland was very sticky and hard to remove from his windpipe, almost like it had adhesive in it. Has anyone ever heard of this situation? My husband's T gland was positive for papillary cancer and he will take the RAI treatment in 2 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: Ever hear of a sticky Thyroid?

So sorry about your husband's diagnosis---I had it four years ago, and the good news is I'm fine.

To be honest, if the thyroid was "sticky" or not is irrelevant, now it's out, and you have the diagnosis, so it doesn't really matter.

Sometimes unhealthy/diseased or scarred organs internally get "adhesions" and "stick" to other organs---in my case, my cancerous nodule on my thyroid was "stuck" to the muscle in front of it, so the surgeon removed the muscle along with the thyroid.

Tell your husband I'm rooting for him, and that sooner than he thinks this will be a distant memory for him.

Closed Thread