It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• ACTH result - is this really ok

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #1
    patti101
    (female)

patti101 HB User
    ACTH result - is this really ok

Doctor says this is good, that I'm in the normal range. Sure wish I felt normal, any opinions?

ACTH ( Adrenocorticotropic hormone) Results Feb 5/09
    Result 3.4 Reference Range 2.3 -10.1pmol/l
    12 hour fast, blood taken at 7:00am

Aldosterone Level test ordered - no results back, but doctor expects it to be good based upon results of sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium tests?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: ACTH result - is this really ok

No cortisol testing?

Your ACTH is normal and indicates that your adrenal output should be optimal. if your aldosterone and cortisol levels come back low in addition to the 12.2% of normal range ACTH.. you may be looking at secondary hypoadrenalism. When you are hypoadrenal you tend to have imbalanced K, Mg, Ca, Na, and Cl levels. If all those were optimal your fatigue may be the result of something else.. like insulin resistance/hypoglycemia/PCOS and more.

MG

Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #3
    patti101
    (female)

patti101 HB User
    Re: ACTH result - is this really ok

MG, no cortisol testing done. Doctor admitted that she doesn't know how to read the figures, ie estrogen, progesterone etc. I still have a couple of months until the Endo appointment, it has been a long wait. Perhaps she'll be able to help with the imbalance.

Closed Thread