It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• My thyroid hurts.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
    tammyj204
    (female)

tammyj204 HB User
    Question My thyroid hurts.....

I don't know if it has always felt this way or if it is a new concern... (I have severe bunions for years and lived off of pain meds - not they are gone an soo... I have to ask because I wonder if it has always had a dull pain that I am finally feeling now that I don't live on tylenol)

I have a larger ~2cm nodules on my thyroid. US has shown it to be slowly growing from the past year (FNA benign). Started synthroid 3 mths ago. Went to Endo last week, no US because it seemed much smaller... BUT that was after it had been HUGE the week before that).

OK, so now I am noticing that it hurts. Not a terrible pain, just a very low dull ache. It seems a little bigger than last week, but still much smaller that it has previously been. Is this normal behavior for a nodule that rapidly changes size?

Other than the dull ache, I feel great and have more energy than I have had in a long time.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
    melissa1873
    (female)

melissa1873 HB User
    Re: My thyroid hurts.....

I just got a bunion taken care of myself!

Anyway - I've had neck and ear pain due to my enlarged thyroid gland/nodules for months. I just started Levothyroxine 3 weeks ago and have noticed a lot of great improvements! My neck and ear pain is there still but it has lessened a bit. Oddly enough, I am always reminded of the pain when I burp - for whatever reason, that motion in my neck always hits where it hurts! I dont really have anything to compare my pain too - I dealt with pretty much the same level of pain for months (it must have grew quickly!) and then was started on Levothyroxine and the pain is subsiding. At times it hurts a bit worse than others - I'm not sure if it shrinks and grows or not! I would imagine that happens but not sure. Take care!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
    iona_23
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

iona_23 HB User
    Re: My thyroid hurts.....

i also have a slightly enlarged thyroid. i don't have nodules but just an enlarged right side. i also get pain on the right side of my neck alot of times, i notice it when it's close to cycling time. also when i exercise and do crunches for example, my neck gets sore. my friend tells me not to pull my neck and that's why it's hurting, but that's not it. i know that i'm doing crunches, but when i lift my neck to my stomach, somehow it pushes down on the thyroid and then a real bad pain starts. i don't believe in taking meds for everything. only meds i take is synthroid and iron. but aches and fevers of that sort, i do hollistically. and usually when i feel sore in my neck area, i just put ice. or drink lots of water. i try to believe in the power of the mind and fight it. telling myself that the pain isn't there. it does help most of the time. goodluck.

Closed Thread