It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Levothyroxine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
    melissa1873
    (female)

melissa1873 HB User
    Levothyroxine

Anyone know if Levothyroxine can cause blood in urine? I went to doc today with fever (could be hashis) and cloudy urine..some pelvic pain. They checked urine - no bladder infection but they found blood but they dont know why. I never ever get bladder infections or any type of problem "down there" - I'm 35. The only thing that has changed lately is my hashis diagnosis and me starting levothyroxine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Levothyroxine

No, levoT does not cause that.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
    Deda
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Deda HB User

Hi..

The first few years I was in treatment, [but still not optimal levels], I too had blood in my urine. No infections or anything they could find. I didn't feel very well either. After my levels improved and my TSH was in a good place, then my urine came back clean, and my BUN level went back to normal also, which was also way off during that bad period of time. I've seen a couple other people on these boards with the same experience...so maybe that's all it is. Keep an eye on it as your levels improve.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

It isn't levothyroxine in origin.

Some things other than a urinary tract infection or kidney infection that can cause blood in the urine are extremely strenuous exercise—such as running a marathon, or a work load in severe excess than what you are used to, a bruised kidney from a fall or an automobile accident, iIn some people whose bodies lack certain enzymes, eating beets produces reddish urine that looks like blood, certain drugs—phenolphthalein or antibiotics tint urine red, vigorous vomiting and cramps—can rupture small veins and cause blood in the urine, HOLDING a bladder full of urine too long... many things can cause blood in the urine.

MG

Closed Thread