It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• sleepiness with Levothyroxine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
    MsMike
    (female)

MsMike HB User
    sleepiness with Levothyroxine

I'm new to low thyroid and have been taking a low dose of levothyroxine for almost a month. I also take Carbatrol for seizures. I find that when I take levothyroxine, I fall asleep. Not sure if it is the thyroid meds or the combination of the Carbatrol and Levothyroxine. Will the sleepiness go away after time? I tried taking it at night after waiting 2 hours after eating... which helped me sleep at night. I wasn't not sure if that was wise, so I switched back to the mornings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
    Laweez
    (female)

Laweez HB User
    Re: sleepiness with Levothyroxine

1. You need to know what your thyroid levels are. 2. Check with a pharmacist to ask if there is any adverse reaction with your other medicine.
    I personally know a woman who has taken her thyroid medicine for many years at bedtime (because she has children & works and this has been a better system for her).

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Excessive daytime sleepiness anyone ?? LALOV929 Sleep Disorders 23 11-23-2011 02:13 AM
    Coming Off Levothyroxine - Help! Kiltee Thyroid Disorders 0 02-18-2009 08:57 AM
    starting back on 50 mcgs of levothyroxine hope this time around works. vickie45 Thyroid Disorders 4 08-15-2007 06:32 PM
    hey all endo wants me to try to start back on the levothyroxine 50 mcgs . vickie45 Thyroid Disorders 2 08-13-2007 03:35 PM
    am i over medicated on levothyroxine?? vickie45 Thyroid Disorders 25 06-16-2007 09:55 AM
    synthorid vs levothyroxine question jenn3 Thyroid Disorders 34 04-13-2007 05:24 AM
    Increased levothyroxine caused wt gain reeanna Thyroid Disorders 7 02-27-2006 07:47 AM
    Levothyroxine LuvMyLilDoggie Thyroid Disorders 2 11-05-2003 07:19 PM