It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Hyperthyroid symptom??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
    diddy
    (male)

diddy HB User
    Hyperthyroid symptom??

Has anyone else ever experienced this symptom, or know what it is?

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism when I was 21, I'm now 30, have had my thyroid removed, and take synthroid daily. My levels are in the upper normal range but i still I have one awful symptom.

Ever since I started having thyroid issues, I've had cases of what I guess would be described as hot flashes. My head and neck will get very hot and I'll have a feeling of pins and needles in my head, and my head will break out with what look to be hives, but are more like red circular blotches all over. They just occur on my head and neck (but forehead primarily). After I calm down, the blotches go away after about 5 minutes. These "attacks" happen particularly when I feel uneasy, or if my heartrate is excellerated by exercise or something of that sort. They can also be brought on by very spicy foods.

The weird thing is, I do not get the red blotch symptoms in the summertime. When it's a warm season I will simply sweat a little bit during the attacks, and the attacks are far less frequent, but you wont see any noticeable red blotches on my head.

In the winter, fall, when it's still a cool season, the attacks dont lead to me sweating, they lead directly to the red blotch breakouts. I'm SICK of living with these damn things. I can generally deal with them but they affect me sometimes at the worst times. I'll be getting hot and heavy with my girlfriend, then bam, here comes an attack and the moment is ruined.

My doctor doesnt seem to have a clue what this 'disorder' is. He said it sounded like a histamine issue because I said that spicy foods can bring them on. I am almost certain it's not a histamine issue. My old endo said it sounded like an "autoimmune" problem since I still had the symptoms after the thyroid was removed. "Autoimmine", "Antibodies", I dont know what this rubbish means.

Does anyone know what this is?? What brings it on? Is there anything that can be prescribed? Help.

Last edited by diddy; 02-23-2009 at 09:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
    diddy
    (male)

diddy HB User
    Re: Hyperthyroid symptom??

No one knows?

Old 02-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
    GravesGirl73
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User

bumping this up to see if you get a reply

Old 02-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
    katkatdd
    Veteran
    (female)

katkatdd HB User

Humm maybe it is the hormone or some kind of hormone surge? Or how does your blood pressure run? Maybe a quick jump up in the blood pressure would cause it? Just some suggestions.

Closed Thread