It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Lab results after partial thyroid removal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
    jshanl
    (male)

jshanl HB User
    Lab results after partial thyroid removal

I had the right half of my thyroid removed a month ago due to Hashimotos and the thyroid putting pressure on my throat. The swallowing problem that I had is gone but I have a question. Here are my last three TSH results and doses. Aug 08 TSH .O26 synthroid 200,Dec 08 TSH .05 Synthroid 175,Feb 09 after partial removal TSH .05 TSH 175. I'm trying to figure out why when my dose went from 200 to 175 the TSH went up but after the removal the TSH went down. My endo did mention back in Dec that my Pituitary gland may have a problem. Could this explain the low TSH? Theoretically I should be Hyper but I still feel Hypo and have the old usual Hypo synptoms.Any body have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: Lab results after partial thyroid removal

You can not go by TSH alone. The TSh is your pituitary's take on your thyroid function. If there is a problem with yoru Pit.. well the TSH as an approximate thyroid health diagnostic tool is useless. You need to look at your Ft4 and Ft3 levels and balance ALWAYS. This tells you if you are in optimal 50-80% of normal range. It also tells you if there is a conversion imbalance or possible adrenal complication.

What are your Ft3 and Ft4 levels and ranges? Is your MD only looking at your TSH? If so.. you need a new MD.

MG

Closed Thread