It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Exhausted with Hashimoto's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
    ava3838
    (female)

ava3838 HB User
    Exhausted with Hashimoto's

These are the test results my doctor came back with for me

Free Triidothy 2.4 (2.5-3.9)
    [email protected] (6.1-12.2)
    [email protected] (0.340-5.600)

Vitamin D-12 (30-80)

Vitamin B12-349 (180-914)

I am on 120 mg Armour now. I am also taking Wellbutrin sr 150 mg and Adderral 10mg. I feel just like before I started taking any thyroid medicine. Just picking up my arms to do any motion is so tiring. Having a really hard time doing my job at work. Just getting out of bed is a big feat. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Exhausted with Hashimoto's

You are extremely hypothyroid. No wonder you're exhausted!

How long have you been taking thyroid medicine, and how long have you been at 120 mgs?

Do you see how your T4 and free triiodothyronine are registering below lab range? That's hypothyroid! If you were taking enough Armour, your TSH would be near 0. You need a much higher dose than you're taking now.

Do you take your Armour on an empty stomach an hour before food and 4 hours before iron or calcium supplements? It almost seems as if you aren't absorbing any of it.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

ava - are you on Vit D and B12 supplements? You definitely need more of both. These two are often found to be low in people who have thyroid issues. You should also get your ferritin (iron stores) checked as they are often found to be low too and can cause tiredness.

I agree with midwest. The wrong dosage can keep you below where you ought to be and feeling no better.

Adrenal fatigue often goes hand in hand with a thyroid condition and insufficient or too high cortisol levels can keep you tired too.

Hoping you feel better soon

Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
    ava3838
    (female)

ava3838 HB User

Went to my doctor and confronted her with my test results, she said my results are all optimal-they are suppose to be at the low range. Is this correct? Thanks for all your responses, really appreciated.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

No this is not correct. When on a T3 supplement your TSH should be and often is suppressed. How old are you?
    Have you been through menopause?
    Are you on any estrogen supplements? Birth control, HRT?

Your T4 has 20% error in the test before addign estrogen bias, if that is a total T4 result versus Free T4 result. Neither T4 or FT3 are with in RANGE. Both are below normal in range! This by text book endocrinology treatment DEMANDS an increase in thyroid hormones. Your low normal B12 and deficient D levels support that you are hypothyroid. Your MD is watching the TSH WHEN you are on a KNOWN TSH SUPRESSANT! You need an increase in medication, if the MD will not give it to you then you need an MD that can read their medical texts and documentation.

MG

OPtimal FT3 and Ft4 levels are 50-80% of normal for the average Man or Woman. Having T3 adn T4 levels that are NEGATIVE in range don't even come close to optimal.

Last edited by mkgb; 03-04-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Your levels are absolutely NOT optimal. If this MD refuses to increase your dose, you need a better MD.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
    ava3838
    (female)

ava3838 HB User

Thanks for all the responses. mgkbrook, just to answer the questions you asked-I am 48 and I have not gone through menopause, I am not taking any estrogen supplements, or birth control. With all your responses, I am starting to wonder if my low thyroid medicine is the reason why I am so tired and has nothing to do with me being depressed. Doctor put me on Wellbutrin because I was so tired and lethargic. I really appreciate your input and advice. Nice to know I am not alone in my quest to feel normal.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

I am thinking VERY nasty thoughts about incompetent.. undertreating MDonkeys! Okay. Treating YOUR depression when your hypothyroidism is still running at full steam. Neurological studies have shown that anti-depressents DO NOT treat hypothyroid induced depression. Only cure is to stabilize T4. I think many of your issues will resolve if you optimize your thyroid hormone levels. FIght for more thyroid hormone. I am sitting at 40% FT4 and 45% Ft3, I am still hypothyroid and have just gotten a boost to 112 mcgs.

You need to aime for at least 50% of normal range in FT4 and Ft3. This will get you close to optimal and help alleviate hypothyroid based symptoms.

MG

MG

Closed Thread