It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Heart Palps / Armour

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
    ginger3130
    (female)

ginger3130 HB Userginger3130 HB User
    Heart Palps / Armour

I recently switched from .75 Synthroid to 60mg of Armour. I got tired, sluggish and constipated so the doc upped my Armour to 90mg. I am having terrible heart palpitations!

The reasons why this new doc put me on Armour was because she said my T3 was too low. She thought Armour would be help raise it.

Do I have to have T3? Can I raise my T3 in other ways? Is T3 really necessary? I don't think I can take it. I want to go back to the Synthroid. I didn't have any heart palps on it.

Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 02:53 AM   #2
    taters
    (female)

taters HB User
    Re: Heart Palps / Armour

um, I'm no expert but that would have been too sudden a change for me.

I believe one grain of Armour is 38mcg T4 and 9mcg of T3 - I made the transition from T4 to Armour slowly (I went from 75mcg thyroxine to 50mcg + 1 grain Armour, which made me buzz so I went down to 1/4 grain for a couple of weeks and then upped it to 1/2 then up to 1 and was fine). My body just reacted to the sudden T3 when it wasn't used to it, since then whenever I've upped my dose I've done it very gently so I don't shock my system again! I've stayed on thyroxine + Armour as well, I've read that the ratio of T4:T3 doesn't agree with some people so it can be better to top up the T4. (now on 2 grains +50mcg)

Also, T3 has a short lifespan in your body, so it's often better to split the dose and have half in the morning and half in the evening (I find around 8AM and 6PM works for me)...

Hope that's some help!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
    tired47
    (female)

tired47 HB User
    Re: Heart Palps / Armour

ginger3130,
    Welcome to the club... I tried armour and had BAD heart palps... could not tolerate it. And I started at lowest possible dose. But I must tell you I have SVT of heart too which may have exasperated the problem.
    All I know is it did NOT agree with me.So sad. I heard so many great stories of armour... I wanted to raise T3 and have alittle more energy. I will stick with synthyroid, rather than have the racing heart.
    Good luck to you.

Closed Thread