It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• 3 wk post op coughing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
    moonlightandjj
    (female)

moonlightandjj HB User
    Question 3 wk post op coughing

Hi
    Just a question, I am 3 weeks post op after having an nodule and 1/2 thyroid removed, still havent got much movement of neck (am working on it - head is still facing downwards), pain is liveable, but what is getting me down is the coughing at night. I have lots of couging fits, mixed with the feelig of having to swallow ( which I am always doing during the day - as if I have somethig stuck in my throat). It is driving me MAD!!!. Is this normal????. My voice/throat is still very sore and hoarsey. I also wonder is it normal to feel very tired and emotion, I have no energy at all. I am no longer on any thyroid meds, I dont get any blood work done until I go back to see my consultant.
    Is this normal? I expected to be back to normal by now, and I am not. I cant even drive the car. I feel lost, and to be honest, I am housebound, as I can not get anywhere with out the car, and walking any distance does hurt ( have tried a hell of a lot!).

Is this normal after a thyroid op?

Thank you for your help and advice

Sharon

P.S a part from the niggles the op was brilliant, just the Doc never tells you what to expect after.. so you dont know what is normal or not, it was you giuys who told me about the physio and stiff neck not them lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread