It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Do you have Hashis/Hypo & allergies?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
    melissa1873
    (female)

melissa1873 HB User
    Do you have Hashis/Hypo & allergies?

Because I have Hashis/HypoT, probable adrenal fatigue, and allergies I'm trying to determine which is the cause of some of my symptoms. I am starting a log of what I'm eating/drinking and how I feel afterwards...basically I'm writing my every move down to determine what I might be allergic too and what is causing my head/neck aches, runny noses and fatigue (if not the hashis)

I'm looking to hear from other Hashis/Hypo-T people and would like to know what your allergies are...food and otherwise. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
    Oleander53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
    Re: Do you have Hashis/Hypo & allergies?

Hello and let me start off with I am so sorry you are feeling so bad.

I have hypo, Hashi's and multinodular goiter. I am on Armour and Cytomel. It has taken me 7 years to figure out what is going on...7 years ago I suddenly gained 35 pounds, lost all energy, developed depression, insomnia, daytime napping, and so on and so on......... I am sure you know what I am talking about. I have bought every book, tried every diet, tried every supplement know to man, had every lab test saliva, blood and hair. Tried every bioidentical everything. I would be a rich woman if I could get all that money back for all the things that DID NOT WORK for me........

I was also told I was going into menopause..( still not yet). Soooooooo

I know I have Hashis, I know I have insulin resistance which was causing 99.9% of my symptoms.....I am on Janumet for that now and feel really good. I have lost weight, carb cravings gone, no desire to daytime nap. Keep in mind you need a 2 hour PP insulin test to be accurate. A fasting and 2 hour. A fasting test alone does not tell you if you have it.

So this is what I have and I hope this helps you .... I have listed my allergies. I had a RAST test for allergies........it is a blood test......get that test done for basic foods..... I am allergic to Milk and had no idea.

Hashi's
    Hypothyroidism
    Insulin Resistance
    Allergic to Calamari and Octopus ( for years )
    Milk Allergy ( Just found out last year )
    Carrageenan and sorbital sensitivity.....( horrible GI symptoms )
    Carrageenan is in almost all Soy products and liquid coffee creamers.

Hope this helps....I think having Hashi's may make you more prone to food sensitivities but that is just my opinion.

Oleander

Old 03-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
    melissa1873
    (female)

melissa1873 HB User

These issues take a very long time to control. Doctors can help with the right medication but we also need to play a role in our own health. It is my understanding that Hashis does make you more suspeptible to allergies and knowing yours helps. I am doing my own thing. I am going to eat very plainly....meaning instead of pizza or a casserole, I'll have one ingredient of it and see if I feel fine afterwards. I do know I am lactose intolerant. I will try sugar substitutes and see if I feel good afterwards...etc. Pretty soon I hope to eliminate anything that may exasperate my symptoms of Hashis. I would guess that there are a lot of similiarities to what Hashis people are allergic too.

Thanks again!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
    Oleander53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I have a wonderful Endocrinologist. He is European. He has been my lifesaver and helped me turn my health around. I had a very clean diet before I started to him....I was so frustrated since I exercise daily, eat almost raw and natural, do not smoke and only have a rare glass of red wine. He actually recommends red wine. He diagnoised my Hashi's and Insulin resistance.

He has told me to stay Away from all artificial sweeteners.... he feels some sugar is better than the artificial..... he is big on Garlic, fish oil and magnesium supplements if you are not getting enough in your diet. 4 servings a day of fruit and veggies......a good fish 3 times a week...limiting dairy whether you have a problem with it or not. I thought I was lactose intolerant until I found out I have a true milk allergy and am sensitive to the additives. I have to check labels for Lactose, Casien, Lactate, Whey, lactylate, and such...... Coffee Rich is the ONLY coffee creamer made that is truely Milk and Dairy free.

It is true I seem much more sensitive since I have Hashi's. It is all alot to figure out.

Hope that helps......Oleander

Old 03-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
    melissa1873
    (female)

melissa1873 HB User

Thanks...You gave me a great place to start. Do you feel as though you have your symptoms under control? I'm sort of obsessive about things...my hope is to someday find my right mix of treatment so that if I do feel ill, I know its my fault. I may end up meditating, excercising more/or less, eating differently, taking a different combination of meds/supplements. I want to be in control of my body and the way it feels. I would guess that even doing all the right things one can still have flares but at least I'll be doing my part.

Closed Thread