It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Labs question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
    speak21
    (female)

speak21 HB User
    Labs question

I am a little confused about recent blood tests results and whether they indicate something that should be followed up.

In August I had blood drawn twice. The first, at a regular checkup, included TSH. Results were TSH: 1.924.

Toward the end of the month, I went to the doctor again. More blood was taken and she included three thyroid tests (not sure why):

TSH: 2.060
    Free T4: 1.63
    T3 Uptake - 24%

All of these seem to be well within reference ranges, but a friend mentioned that the TSH and T4 seemed high to her. I don't think I have had many of the symptoms listed here, other than some fatigue (but who doesnt have that!), and I have been on the cold side all my life (a family trait). No family history of thyroid problems that I am aware of. Is my friend correct that these results are a little troubling? Or are they within acceptable ranges (as the lab reference intervals suggest)? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread