It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Please Help, Dr sent me for another thyroid ultrasound

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
    deirdre8256
    (female)

deirdre8256 HB User
    Please Help, Dr sent me for another thyroid ultrasound

Hello everyone, I need some help and information. In 2005 my dr sent me for regular bloodwork which showed abnormal thryroid labs. He then sent me to an Endo, who sent me for a thyroid Ultrasound and then a biopsy. the biopsy showed no cancer. I was not put on any meds.

The results of that ultrasound were:

The right lobe is enlarged measuring 7.2 c.m. The left lobe measures 6.7 cm. There is a dominant solid lesion in the lower half of left lobe measuring 2.2 cm. This is either solid or complex cystic. There is a complex cystic lesion in the right lobe measuring 1.46 cm. There are several smaller subcentimerter hypoechoic and cystic lesion. BILATERAL THYROID ENLARGEMENT. BILATERAL DOMINANT THYROID LESIONS.

so after receiving those results in 2005, a biopsy was recommended,
    which thankfully showed no cancer.

Last week, I went to my primary dr because at times I feel a tightness in my throat and is sometimes hard for me to swallow. Sometimes I get out of breath, shortwinded without much exertion. Before the dr could get in the door and before I could tell him my issues he noticed the enlargement in my neck and sent me for bloodwork and another ultrasound.
    My neck is noticebly enlarged and you can feel enlargment easily.

Ultrasound was Saturday. on Monday, the imaging center called to asked me did I have any other ultrasounds and biopsies in the past, and could I possible get those reports/films and bring to them. I did so yesterday. I go to my primary dr on Friday to discuss the results and see what happens. When I went to take the films from US in 2005, I asked could I have the report from the one taken Saturday, they simply said I should get it from my dr. It's probably protocol, however I wanted to see them, Will have to wait until appt

What could possible be going on? and if any has gone through this, what are the treatments?

I am so sorry my post is so long! I just wanted to give concise details about my situation

Thanks in advance

Last edited by deirdre8256; 03-11-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
    herekittykitty
    Veteran
    (female)

herekittykitty HB User
    Re: Please Help, Dr sent me for another thyroid ultrasound

My guess is they are wanting to compare your last US with this one to see if there is any enlargement or changes.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
    REE43
    (female)

REE43 HB User
    Re: Please Help, Dr sent me for another thyroid ultrasound

I had a thyroidectomy in Dec and they found cancer. I also had a needle biopsy & u/s which did NOT show the cancer. The only way to correctly find out if there is CA is to have the surgery in my opinion. I wish more Dr.s would just reccomend the surgery too many people have these nodules and they are told to just watch them.. such a pet peeve of mine.

Closed Thread