It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• THY PEROX AB and THYROGLOB AB

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
    ashiedhir
    (female)

ashiedhir HB User
    THY PEROX AB and THYROGLOB AB

I was in the normal weight range till 8 yrs ago and then suddenly i started gaining weight, loosing strength, and feeling tired all the time.. i had all symptoms of Hypothyroidism... But my blood results for T3 and T4 were normal. This time i my doctor ordered these 2 tests as well and they were out of range (high)... Please tell me what these mean..
    Thank you
    ashie
    Thanks again

Last edited by moderator2; 04-05-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: please do not post your email address in the public forums - instead, use the private messaging system

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
    Re: THY PEROX AB and THYROGLOB AB

I am answering offhand here, but these were among my initial tests from my family doctor and they show your antbody levels. Mine were both high, which can indictate Hashimotos if I am not mistaken. I am waiting for my TSH, Free T3 and 4, etc.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: THY PEROX AB and THYROGLOB AB

Your title lists TPOAb and TGAb test names. These thyroid antibody tests are the most accurate blood identifiers for Hashimoto's thyroiditis. There is a chance that they will provide a false negative, but 80% of Hashimoto's patients test positive in the TPOAb tests. 60% test positive in the TGAb test. The only 100% identification method for Hashimoto's is a biopsy of the actual thyroid tissue.

MG

Closed Thread