It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• I think i have hypothyroidism

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
    cuteloolo
    (female)

cuteloolo HB User
    I think i have hypothyroidism

Can anyone tell me whts my problem, i have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism such as:
    cold intolerance
    migranes
    breathlessness
    heart palpitations
    no motivation
    feeling sleeping all the time
    exausted early in the morning and all day long

My CBC and my TSH results shown to be 1.66u/mg which is said to be normal but my thyroid gland ultrasound said to have midly enlarged, the doctor said i have no problem medically according to results but the problems is existing, can anyone reply me what can i do to help myself..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: I think i have hypothyroidism

You need more than a TSH to rule out the thyroid. Optimal TSH is 0.89-1.1 or as most say right about 1. You are near 2. This is a sign of trending toward a hypothyroid state. Many symptoms manifest before OVERT hypothyroidism can be declared via a blood test. Also if the blood test was drawn in the afternoon your TSH may be even higher. Optimal thyroid testing time is as close to 8 am as you can get.

You need TSH 3rd gen/sensitive, Ft3, Ft4, TPOAB and TGAb testing minimum. This will tell you if you actually have something interfering with your thyroid. It may also point to a different issue.

There are also hypothyroid mimics that should be investigated:
    Ferritin
    B12
    vit D

If you are suboptimal or deficient in any of those above you could have the symptoms you describe. I am leaning toward hashimoto's. Other than slightly enlarged US finding was there any description given of the thyroid tissue coloring or pattern? How about blood flow? Do you have a copy of your results?

If it is not your habit, you should make it standard procedure to get a copy of all labwork and keep your own record.

MG

Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
    cuteloolo
    (female)

cuteloolo HB User

Thank you so much. I think i have to go for further investigations as you have mentioned.
    As per my previous doctor the normal for tsh is from 0.270-4.20uIU/mL.

Based on this results he concluded that im normal.
    I will do further investigations for me to be sure of my results.

Regards.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
    TV in RV
    (female)

TV in RV HB User

TSH is just an indicator that something is wrong. You can not diagnose with TSH alone. If your thyroid is swollen then that should be a very logical indication that something is wrong.

For example: My grandmothers TSH was 4.3. Sounds like Hypothyroidism right? Nope, when you looked at her T4 and T3, she was exttremely hyperthyroid. After all her symtems were hyper. Same goes for me too. My TSH goes back and forth between 0.01 and 7.3, I was extremely hypothyroid at 0.01, and mildly hypothyroid at 7.3.

Last edited by TV in RV; 04-12-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Closed Thread