It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Trouble breathing and nodules...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
    sarahs7981
    (female)

sarahs7981 HB User
    Trouble breathing and nodules...

About a year ago I found out I had 4 thyroid nodules all about 8-9 mm. Had FNA done first time results were inconclusive and second time results were benign. I recently had my 6 month follow up ultrasound and I now have a total of 8 nodules, all new nodules are still too small to biopsy.

My question is...even though these nodules are small could they still give trouble with breathing. I have been having shortness of breath where I feel like I can't get enough air down but the problem isn't my chest its in my neck. I hope this makes sense.

Also, how long will this go on for? Since I had new nodules on this last ultrasound my Dr. just wants to repeat another ultrasound in 6 months and possible biopsy if the nodules grow. If I keep getting new nodules will the Dr. give me treatment or just constant follow up and biopsy's. I don't think I can handle this for the rest of my life. Its a constant worry in the back of my head and I am only 28.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
    tammyj204
    (female)

tammyj204 HB User
    Re: Trouble breathing and nodules...

I would think that at you next visit, your Dr may suggest hormone suppression therapy. You would take a low dose of hormone to shrink the nodules. (That is what I am doing. I have several nodule and one rather large one) I guess this treatment isn't supported by all Docs. And I don't think it is working for me.

Closed Thread