It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• low tsh, everything else normal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
    rubato
    Veteran
    (female)

rubato HB User
    low tsh, everything else normal

I started going to a new endo because my old one retired. I just got a call about my lab results. They said t3 and t4 were in normal range, so I didn't get the #s (now I wish I had). My tsh is .29 with a range of .40-4.5. So, they're a little worried and want to see me in 6 months instead of 1 year. I am hypo with Hashis. I've been on the same meds for 3 years now. .100 synthroid. I was, before Hashis, apparently always a little on the hyper side. My old doctor always went by how I felt. He knew that we were creeping into the hyper side with tsh the last 2 times I went to see him, but my thyroid enlargement had stalled out and I was happy and feeling good. I told all of this to the new doctor, and he acted like he would be in agreement, but then, the office called and sounded worried with my lab results. How bad is a tsh of .29? I don't have any more hyper symptoms than I've had all my life. And, I still have some hypo symptoms that I can't seem to get out of.
    Thanks for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
    GravesGirl73
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User
    Re: low tsh, everything else normal

if you find out what the Free t 3 and 4 are, then you'll know more. Call and ask. If they are high normal, you might need a dose decrease in time. If they are on the low end they shouldn't worry about it.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
    rmh61
    (female)

rmh61 HB User

Hi. I just got test results back with a tsh of .02 which is really low and I've been on 112's of synthroid for 4 year and had no trouble until about 7 weeks ago. I missed doses somehow of my synthroid and my tsh went up to 3.4. My doctor didn't change my meds but had my rechecked 6 weeks later and now I'm really low. So, he's alternating me between 100's and 112's to get me to around 1.0 which is where I thing I feel the best. I have been in another zone for weeks now and just now feel like I'm pulling out of it. Anyway, it's a weird thing and seems to go wacko all on its own. Hope you get things straightened out soon!

RHughes

Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
    rubato
    Veteran
    (female)

rubato HB User

I called to get the other results and they only had T4. They didn't do T3. Don't know why. My old endo always did it. Anyway, T4 is 8.5 in a range of 4.5-12.5. So, right in the middle. Do you still think it's okay?

Closed Thread