It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Missed Medication Dosage for a Week

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
    almondjoy
    (female)

almondjoy HB User
    Missed Medication Dosage for a Week

Long story...short:

I lost/misplaced my armour thyroid while I was vacationing in Cabos. I did without my pills for 7 days. I am home and began taking them, today.

I began to feel tired, swollen, very cold, and had drier skin. I had puffy eyes, insominia, and too. My body temp was 96.2. My muscles began to ache. I gained 5 pounds.

I am wondering how long it will take to begin to feel normal again? Should I double my medication dose for a day or so?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
    herekittykitty
    Veteran
    (female)

herekittykitty HB User
    Re: Missed Medication Dosage for a Week

Did you begin to have these symptoms while off the medication or when you restarted the medication?

Old 04-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
    almondjoy
    (female)

almondjoy HB User
    Re: Missed Medication Dosage for a Week

My hands and feet began to swell the first day off the medication. Gradually, the other symptoms occurred. My body temperature was 96.1.

I have taken my pills for two days, now. My eyes are less puffy, and I lost almost 3 pounds. My swollen hands and feet are normal. My temperature is 97 now. I am still cold, and tired, and have slight insomnia.

I haven't doubled the prescribed dosage, however, I took 1/8 pill more than I normally do. I will take the regular dose, tomorrow.

Closed Thread