It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Jittery??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
    alphabetsoup
    (female)

alphabetsoup HB User
    Jittery??

Hi all...

i'm still trying to get a handle on my symptoms, bloodwork and such. Basically I feel like my body has declared complete mutiny!!

I've been dx with anxiety attacks...but they don't come on when I'm feeling stressed. Rather, they usually appear when I'm having fun or something. With them I feel edgy, my heart races, my BP rises, with bad episodes I will physically shake like when you have chills with the flu.

Well, the last two nights I have gotten these seeminly oddball 'jittery' episodes...where I feel almost like I want to crawl out of my own skin. VERY weird.

Before you start giving me links to sites that have the 'symptoms' of thyroid disorders on them....I've seen them (I'm a researcher by trade...I've read more 'symptoms' lists than I can count). What I want to know is those 'weird' symptoms y'all have or have had that were no necessarily on the 'symptoms' lists.

Thanks!

Soupy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
    accessn12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User
    Re: Jittery??

Creepy crawly skin, increased libido, hysterical laughter at the most inappropriate things, uncontrollable rages, queasiness, horrendous gas, obsessions, total insanity.......

Those the kinds of things you're looking for?

Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
    mattie75
    (female)

mattie75 HB User

Yeah I agree. Those are all symptoms - anxiety with hives, anxiety without hives, anxiety with caffeine, anxiety without caffeine. Anxiety when you should be calm and having fun, waking up with the jitters. This was my very first symptom. Now I know that for about 20 years it was those stinking thyroid antibodies after me. I do have good days off and on. Lately it has not been one of those times. Oh yeah, and the gas and swelling. That is really a deal too.
    Mattieann

Old 04-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #4
    Scootersmom
    (female)

Scootersmom HB User

Hi Alphabetsoup. What medication are you on? I have worse symptoms from the meds than I had before I was diagnosed. I have a ridiculously high TSH and very high Hashi antibodies and am on a low dose of Synthroid (50 mcg) because anything higher than 50 mcg gives me all kinds of jittery symptoms. Even on the 50's I still get anxiety, jittery and yet tired (I call it "wired but tired"). I take my Synthroid at 5:30 am, go back to bed and at about 7:30 I have my coffee and something light to eat that doesn't have any calcium or iron in it. I found that the caffeine was definitey making me more jittery, so I've cut back and now have a cup of coffee that's about 70% decaf and 30% caffeine (I need that little bit of caffeine to wake up LOL).

Since I'm not converting T4 to T3 well, I'm wondering if the jitteriness and anxiety is from too much T4 and not quite enough T3, but I find the whole thing confusing!

Another "symptom" I'm experiencing is mood swings. I can be in a good mood one minute and a lousy mood the next. I'm also becoming extremely forgetful. There are just a ton of insane symptoms with thyroid disease, especially Hashi's where your antibodies are fighting what hormones your body is putting out.

Oh, another just lovely symptom is the digestive problems. Accessn mentioned queasiness - yep, I get that too.

Last edited by Scootersmom; 04-20-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
    mattie75
    (female)

mattie75 HB User

and indigestion. It feels like food just sits in my stomach. Constipation. Hives??? any body got hives??
    Mattieann

Old 04-21-2009, 06:22 AM   #6
    Scootersmom
    (female)

Scootersmom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattie75 View Post
    and indigestion. It feels like food just sits in my stomach. Constipation. Hives??? any body got hives??
    Mattieann

Boy do I know that feeling of food just sitting in my stomach all too well. I take digestive enzymes, but took the suggestion post here about adding Betaine HCI to see if that helps me absorb food and supplements better.

The constipation is weird - I feel sort of constipated, but I go...problem is I always feel like I've never completely emptied out. I was taking SloFe iron tablets in an effort to get my ferritin level up (my iron panel numbers looked good, just low on ferritin), but the SloFe still clogged me up. Floradix liquid iron has been recommended by a number of people and it's supposed to be much less constipating, so I'm going to try it. All this despite the fact that I eat a high fiber diet and take extra magnesium!!

I don't get the hives, but what I do get is skin creases. Anything that presses against my skin leaves creases. When I wake up in the morning I look like a Rand-McNally roadmap!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
    alphabetsoup
    (female)

alphabetsoup HB User

See...my doc says there is nothing wrong with my thyroid other than a benign nodule, but all of the things you mention are my regular complaints. nausea, gas, jittery, fatigued, constipation, bloating, etc...*sigh*

I'm hoping my new doc will try treating the symptoms since my bloods are borderline in some ways.

Closed Thread