It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Hot flashes night sweats insomnia Total thyroidectomy 03/09 synthroid dose is changed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
    LindaSueBob
    (female)

LindaSueBob HB User
    Hot flashes night sweats insomnia Total thyroidectomy 03/09 synthroid dose is changed

I had a total thyroidectomy 03 26 2009 as a result of huge nodules and have been on synthroid .125 ever since. Finally I called my family Doctor and got a blood test as I am burning up with these hot flashes or hot sweats. She said my dosage is wrong and changed it to .112. I hope this tiny teeny change does something soon. I have huge giant long lasting hot flashes or night sweats usually in the night, sometimes day as well. They are horrible and soooo hot and sweaty. Not menopause, been through that a long time ago and that was a piece of cake compared to these hot flashes. Anyone experienced them and know another remedy for them or when they will go away. Been on the smaller dose for just a week now, maybe not kicked in yet, I don't know. I am sooo uncomfortable. Plus my daughters wedding is tomorrow in Tahoe 2.5 hours away at 3pm and then the next day here:blob_ fire I am having a fundoplication (hiatal hernia repair) and a Cholecystectomy (gall bladder removed) at the same time. I hope I don't have any new symptoms after these are removed, this hot flash hot sweat stuff is driving me crazy. Wondered if anyone has a home remedy for this or how long it lasts or if it will go away etc,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread