It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Thyroid Disorders Message Board

  • Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
    Aahhh Problems
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Aahhh Problems's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Posts: 105
    Aahhh Problems HB User
    Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Hi Guys,

    I have all my blood results, I don't know what all of them are for, but here goes... Can anyone help in reading them?

    DHEA Sulfate - my result 111 - Ref Range 57 - 408 ug/dL

    Free T3 - my result 3.2 - Ref Range 2.4 - 4.4 pg/mL

    Free T4 - my result 1.16 - Ref Range 0.80 - 1.80 ng/dL

    Vit D, 25 Hydrox - my result 20 - Ref Range 30 - 52 ng/mL

    Cholesterol - my result 170 - Ref range 120 - 199 mg/dL

    Triglycerides - my result 71 - Ref range 0 - 150 mg/dL

    HDL Cholesterol - my result 51 - Ref range 40 - 85 mg/dL

    T Chol/ HDL - my result 3.3 - Ref Range 1.0 - 4.0

    LDL Chol (Calc) - my result 105 - Ref Range 0 - 129

    FSH - my result 9.4 - no range given.

    IGF-1 - my result 84 - ref range 109 - 284 ng/mL

    ACTH - my result 27 - ref range 0 - 46 pg/mL

    Cortisol - my result 4.7 - ref range 6.0 - 25.0 ug/dL (AM)
    ref range 4.0 - 14.0 ug/dL (PM)
    *11.59am was the time of blood draw.

    Progesterone - my result 0.5 ng/mL *no ranges given

    Testosterone - my result 45 - ref range 6 - 82 ng/dL

    Estradiol - my result 49 - *no ref range given

    B12 - my result 327 - ref range 243 - 894 pg/mL

    Folate - my result 10.2 - ref range 4.2 - 19.9 ng/mL

    Thyroglob Ab - my result 20.0 - ref range 0.0 - 40.0 IU/mL

    TPO Auto Abs - my result 10.0 - ref range 0.0 - 35.0 IU/mL

    hsCRP - my result 0.30 - ref ranges 1.0 mg/L *LOW
    1.0-3.0 mg/L AVERAGE
    3.0 and up mg/L HIGH


    CA 125 II - my result 21.9 - ref range - 0.0 - 35.0 U/mL

    T3 Reverse - my result - 352 - ref range 90 - 350 pg/mL What the ...???


    Ok, I've got another bunch of lab results here that i really don't know what they are at all... Hope you guys do... Here goes:

    Complete Blood Count:

    WBC - my result 8.37 - ref range 4.00 - 11.00 K/uL

    RBC - my result 4.25 - ref range 3.70 - 5.40 M/uL

    HGB - my result 13.6 - ref range 11.4 - 15.4 g/dL

    HCT - my result 41.4 - ref range 35.0 - 47.0

    MCV - my result 97.4 - ref range 81.0 - 100.0 fl

    MCHC - my result 32.9 - ref range 30.0 - 36.0 g/dL

    PLT - my result 285 - ref range 130 - 470 K/uL

    RDW - my result 12.8 - ref range 11.5 - 14.5

    Neutrophils - my result 55.0 - ref range 37.0 - 77.0

    Lymphocyte - my result 37.8 - ref range 23.0 - 44.0

    Monocyte - my result 5.5 - ref range 4.0 - 13.0

    Eosinophil - my result 1.1 - ref range 1.0 - 5.5

    Basophil - my result 0.6 - ref range 0.0 - 1.0

    Neutrophil ABS - my result - 4.61 - ref range 1.67 - 8.47 K/uL

    Lymphocyte ABS - my result 3.16 - ref range 1.03 - 4.84 K/uL

    Monocyte ABS - my result 0.46 - ref range 0.27 - 0.98 K/uL

    Eosinophil ABS - my result 0.09 - ref range 0.11 - 0.55 K/uL... ??????

    Basophil ABS - my result 0.05 - ref range 0.02 - 0.10 K/uL

    Ok, there's tons more but they're mostly all normal results, but here's the ones that seem to be out of range:

    Creatinine - my results 0.54 - ref range 0.60 - 1.10 mg/dL
    Creatinine - my results 0.57 - ref range 0.60 - 1.10 mg/dL

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 10-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
    Aahhh Problems
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Aahhh Problems's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Posts: 105
    Aahhh Problems HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Please can some tell me what these lab results mean, I don't even know what half of them are for.

     
    Old 10-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2003
    Location: Missouri, USA
    Posts: 12,925
    midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Neither do I.

    The thyroid ones strongly suggest you're hypothyroid. Your FT4 is too low - should be at least 1.3 or better. FT3 is too low - should be 3.8 or better. Reverse T3 is astronomical, which means your cells are unable to make use of the T3 that's circulating in your bloodstream. Heavy duty stress or major illness causes high reverse T3. Does that fit?

    You don't have abnormal titers of Tg and TPO antibodies, but they aren't exactly negative, either. You have high enough numbers to say you probably have early Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

    I've forgotten... Have you been diagnosed yet?

    Last edited by midwest1; 10-21-2009 at 04:56 PM.

     
    Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
    Aahhh Problems
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Aahhh Problems's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Posts: 105
    Aahhh Problems HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
    Neither do I.

    The thyroid ones strongly suggest you're hypothyroid. Your FT4 is too low - should be at least 1.3 or better. FT3 is too low - should be 3.8 or better. Reverse T3 is astronomical, which means your cells are unable to make use of the T3 that's circulating in your bloodstream. Heavy duty stress or major illness causes high reverse T3. Does that fit?

    You don't have abnormal titers of Tg and TPO antibodies, but they aren't exactly negative, either. You have high enough numbers to say you probably have early Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

    I've forgotten... Have you been diagnosed yet?

    No, not yet, I have an appointment on Monday and I wanted to see what you guys thought. So do you think I'm HyoT?
    Ooops, forgot to add. No illness or stress, not sure why it's so high??

    Last edited by Aahhh Problems; 10-21-2009 at 06:10 PM.

     
    Old 10-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
    javelina
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    javelina's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: AZ
    Posts: 2,250
    javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    High RT3 can also be a result of poor adrenal function. Unfortunately you just have the one serum cortisol, which is pretty useless for determining if you have adrenal fatigue. A saliva test is far more sensitive.

    You are VERY low in vitamin D. You need to suppliment 10,000 iu of D3 ASAP if you aren't already.

    You are also very low in B12 and need to suppliment 2000 iu or more daily. These deficiencies are very common with hypothyroidism.

     
    Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
    Aahhh Problems
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Aahhh Problems's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Posts: 105
    Aahhh Problems HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Thanks...
    Do you know what Eosinophil ABS is? I'm kinda low on that too.

    I've started taking a multi vitamin, it's only been a couple of days tho... I did buy the "One a day womens" but discovered it has soy in it, i've heard you should avoid soy with possible thyroid issues.

     
    Old 10-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
    cutejenny77
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    cutejenny77's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: .
    Posts: 287
    cutejenny77 HB User
    Talking Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by javelina View Post
    High RT3 can also be a result of poor adrenal function. Unfortunately you just have the one serum cortisol, which is pretty useless for determining if you have adrenal fatigue. A saliva test is far more sensitive.

    You are VERY low in vitamin D. You need to suppliment 10,000 iu of D3 ASAP if you aren't already.

    You are also very low in B12 and need to suppliment 2000 iu or more daily. These deficiencies are very common with hypothyroidism.
    Thank you,javelina but how do you know the high RT3 indicates the poor adrenal function?

     
    Old 10-22-2009, 04:39 AM   #8
    Aahhh Problems
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Aahhh Problems's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Posts: 105
    Aahhh Problems HB User
    Unhappy Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutejenny77 View Post
    Thank you,javelina but how do you know the high RT3 indicates the poor adrenal function?
    I think she may be going by my symptoms, I'm tired a lot of the time, it also runs 3 generations in my family. I have all the classic symptoms of HypoT but I'm absolutely uneducated on reading the lab results

     
    Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
    javelina
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    javelina's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: AZ
    Posts: 2,250
    javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Check out the levels in that multi vit, Aahhh, as most just have the RDA of vitamins and you will need many times that amount, especially with B12 and D3. I buy D3 2000 iu caplets and take three a day, but you might want to take 5 and I get B12 lozenges, 2000 mcg, you can also take 5000 mcg but I'm not sure if taking extra is useful or not as it is water soluable and extra might just flush out of the body.

    The only way to tell if adrenal fatigue is the culprit for your high RT3 is to do the saliva test and see what your levels are during different times of the day. If you are low or even high in cortisol it can interfere with T3 entering the cells and with T4 conversion to T3. Often doctors will prescribe T3-only for a period of time to flush out the RT3. High RT3 will bind with the T3 receptors and prevent T3 from getting into the cells. The only way to correct the underlying problem is treat the adrenals so they are not stressing the body and causing T4 to convert to RT3.

     
    Old 10-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
    Aahhh Problems
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Aahhh Problems's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Posts: 105
    Aahhh Problems HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be enough for me (the vitamins). I know my doc has some vitamins that he reccommends, hopefully I'll get some like yours to get me back up there. I will definately ask him about that saliva test, or even get one myself online. Did you see anything abnormal in my blood test for Adrenal fatigue?

     
    Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
    javelina
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    javelina's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: AZ
    Posts: 2,250
    javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    They just did the one serum cortisol, which is not helpful at all and which most docs use to "rule out" adrenal problems. Kind of like using TSH only for thyroid.

    Make sure you get a diurnal or 24 hour saliva cortisol test. Then take it early in the week and overnight mail it back to the lab. Be sure to follow the directions they provide carefully. I use ZRT which I get through the Canary Club.

     
    Old 10-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
    cutejenny77
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    cutejenny77's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: .
    Posts: 287
    cutejenny77 HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by javelina View Post
    Check out the levels in that multi vit, Aahhh, as most just have the RDA of vitamins and you will need many times that amount, especially with B12 and D3. I buy D3 2000 iu caplets and take three a day, but you might want to take 5 and I get B12 lozenges, 2000 mcg, you can also take 5000 mcg but I'm not sure if taking extra is useful or not as it is water soluable and extra might just flush out of the body.

    The only way to tell if adrenal fatigue is the culprit for your high RT3 is to do the saliva test and see what your levels are during different times of the day. If you are low or even high in cortisol it can interfere with T3 entering the cells and with T4 conversion to T3. Often doctors will prescribe T3-only for a period of time to flush out the RT3. High RT3 will bind with the T3 receptors and prevent T3 from getting into the cells. The only way to correct the underlying problem is treat the adrenals so they are not stressing the body and causing T4 to convert to RT3.
    Thank you for your explanation, but can I find doctors who can prescribe T3 only medicine? Did you have any experience in it?

     
    Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
    javelina
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    javelina's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: AZ
    Posts: 2,250
    javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Some docs will prescribe but I don't know how many. Most are pretty clueless about this stuff and will just pull back your meds.

    No, I've not tried T3-only treatment as of yet. I'm currently retesting my adrenals once again to see if I've dropped into low cortisol levels rather than the high levels that showed up on previous testing before deciding on my treatment options.

     
    Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
    ashely
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    ashely's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: ca, united states
    Posts: 1
    ashely HB User
    Re: Finally, Got my results from Bloodwork, need help reading them.

    Hello I am new to this and I need help understanding and getting information on what could be wrong so its not a total surprise when I go to the doctor. Here are the results to my blood work:
    WBC 13.1 H
    ABS Neut 9.4 H
    Protein total 8.5 H

    these are all the high ones

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    CONFUSED with THYROID readings?? I need help? meds do nto seem to be working? bluetou Thyroid Disorders 17 05-12-2011 07:18 PM
    Five years and finally MS is the culprit! smilinirisheyes Multiple Sclerosis 4 04-20-2010 01:34 PM
    Finally Have a surgery date. Now I am a bit scared!! skych Spinal Cord Disorders 10 08-21-2008 08:09 AM
    Need help with thyroid test results dburtaine Thyroid Disorders 6 02-22-2008 01:36 PM
    Test Results, need some help interpreting them TLValiant Kidney Disorders 25 06-05-2007 10:08 AM
    Need Help Re: Bloodwork Results hapunch Anemia 5 09-13-2005 11:10 AM
    New with test results (long, sorry) ShyGecko Addison's Disease 0 05-25-2004 03:17 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!