It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

NEW LABS, NEW ?'S.. Very frustrated once again!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
katkatdd
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
NEW LABS, NEW ?'S.. Very frustrated once again!!

Well I have TRIED to stay away and be a good girl and live my life and take my meds and "shrug" off my symptoms for other things and tried to eat right, and excercise more, and blah, blah, blah..... ALL the stuff these "professionals" keep telling me to do!!! But I am at my WITS end. I am not better in fact I am WORSE now then I have been in a very long time.

I can't seem to find a dr who gives a darn or one that knows anything or wants to listen or just seems to be aware of what I am going thru. Very frustrating! I keep getting shuffled around from dr to dr like they have no idea what to do with me. Lol.. I waited 2 months to see my PCP and the day before my appt they called to cancel on me and asked if I wanted to see someone else later in the week. So, I went to that appt waited forever they get me in the room and tell me oh btw did the girls tell u the dr is running 45 MINUTES behind?!? urmmm noooo... Lol... No one told me jack. So after waiting 30 min they come in and say dr is STILL 45 min behind and would it be ok if another dr went ahead and saw me or I could reschedule.. AHAHAHAHA... Ok not so funny anymore. But sheesh. They have a fit if we are 10 min late for our appts but they can't keep theirs.. GRRR..

Ok done with my rant. Sorry and if u are still here reading this thank you! LOL

So I had new labs done on Dec 10th. (BTW they couldn't even find these labs and at first were telling me lab values I had done in Oct). I had to tell the dr nooo I had these new ones done in Dec! So after she left the room for 10 min she finally came back with my new lab results and tells me my thyroid if flippin NORMAL! Not.. No wonder my blood pressure was high today.

Any who, brief history since I haven't really posted much latley. Graves, RAI in Feb 2006 went very hypo started the med roller coaster and things have been a real longggg crazy ride since.

I am currently on 150 mg of Levothyroxine and my new labs are:

TSH: 4.738 ( 0.350-5.500) And she called this NORMAL!!

FT4: 1.01 (0.80-1.80) Super low side

FT3: 2.6 ( 2.3-4.2) Also really low..

She did give me prescription for Cytomel 5mcg and said I can try them to see if they help at all.. So we shall see. I am just sooo very discouraged. And these lab ranges are the worse I have had in a long time. And I even bumped up my levo to the 150!?!

Any thoughts and suggestions on these values would be greatly appreciated. I have noticed problems again with muscles, spasms, soreness, stiffness, tightness in chest, trouble breathing, area where thyroid was aches, eyes red and itchy, etc.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
FinnMaid
Senior Veteran
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: NEW LABS, NEW ?'S.. Very frustrated once again!!

Sure not great labs Adding 5 mcgs of T3 may be a good idea but I'd also increase your levothyroxine dose - maybe up to 175

Last edited by FinnMaid; 01-08-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
javelina
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User

I think you aren't converting your T4 very well at that high dose and low labs. I agree with FinnMaid, add the T3 and see if that helps, it should. If it doesn't then you will have to look at your adrenal function and test for RT3. But it's very possible that you just need some T3 and this will fix things for you.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
katkatdd
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

Yea I don't understand why my labs were so bad! This is the worse they have been in awhile and I even upped my meds. So not sure what is going on. But having problems again even with breathing and feeling like I can't get a full breath. uggg

Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 AM   #5
FinnMaid
Senior Veteran
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

I had that also before I added T3 to my regime - first tried increasing T4 which helped quite a bit but no help to my other issues (that eventually got even worse) and T3 turned out to be a life saver

Last edited by FinnMaid; 01-13-2010 at 05:58 AM.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
fastkar
(female)

fastkar HB User

I am sorry to hear your experience with your doctor. In the short time I have been dealing with all this... it seems an area that is highly overlooked in the medical community. It seems hard to get answers. This seems so unusual to me with the statistics being so high as to how many people may have a thyroid problem - you would think doctors would be more sensitive and willing to help.

All I can offer is a ear to listen at this point... I still am not sure what all the medical terms and labs are...

I hope you can get some answers so that you can feel better.

Keep us posted...

Last edited by fastkar; 01-13-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
katkatdd
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

Well I started taking the t3 but for the past 2 days especially today I have been feeling so bad I don't know what is going on. I am feeling like I used to feel when I first got the RAI done. Not sure if it is a reaction to the t3 or what! I hate all of this.. I am very, very sensitive to any medications and always have a reaction and a period of time when I feel worse when I bump up my levothyroxine. So I dunno if maybe that is whats going on or what but it sux... Uggg.. The area where my thyroid was hurts sooo badly also. It feels bruised almost and even the whole left side of my neck and under my jaw area is real sore as well.

Strange!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #8
javelina
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User

Get some new labs after you've been on the T3 for a little while. It will only take a few days to become apparent in your blood. I would also ask for a reverse T3 test as well just to make sure you aren't converting poorly and just going more hypo.
Did you ever get your adrenals tested with saliva cortisol?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
katkatdd
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

Ok I will ask for that test also next time.. Although it is like pulling teeth just to get my free labs done.. I had to mark them off myself the last time I had labs done. SHHHHHH, don't tell no one though.. LOL.. But dang I told the dr like a zillion times I HAVE to have my free levels tested along with my TSH since I am on meds and need a true reading. Anyways.......

I had my cortisol checked one time a long time ago by my endo dr who initally sent me for the ablation. It was a blood test though and was kind of on the low side I thought. But he never did anything about it ( of course).. The story of my life it seems thus far with these dr's....

Closed Thread