It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• T3 conversion issues, adrenal fatigue, iron, gluten etc; U have a doc to recommend?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
    edenmarie13
    (female)

edenmarie13 HB User
    Lightbulb T3 conversion issues, adrenal fatigue, iron, gluten etc; U have a doc to recommend?

Looking for experts...been through my share of non-experts and could really use the support of someone thorough who knows Thyroid, Adrenal, Iron, Newly developed Gluten intolerance and pancreatic enzyme issues like the back of their hand. Everything I read posted by Audrey-B seems to indicate she has a great dr...Audrey who is it?? Do any of you have someone you would recommend that isn't going to take me to the poor house? You can email me privately thru my member name if its a violation to post dr.s names on the boards.. I am just so tired of feeling alone and like I know more than the medical field. Id like some support and someone to say..yes - this is the problem and lets monitor and fix it and to know they aren't just saying it but mean it and know it to be true.

I have t3 to t4 conversion issues - t3 blood work shows low low t3- i feel best on 25 mcg of cytomel but then TSH drops way to low, adrenal fatigue, pancreatic enzyme trouble linked to digestion issues and sugar issues, low iron and extensive saliva testing that shows low coritsol and new gluten intolerance. DHEA appears to be normal..

I take Cytomel about 17mcg per day.. 2000 mg vitamin C, Complex B, Glysine, Hemavite (iron) , Omega 3,6,9 and a New Chapter Multi everyday. Sometimes Holy Basil too. Oh and lots of digestive enzymes and pro-biotics. Stopped Isocort a couple months ago because i wasn't noticing a huge difference? Also was drinking 2 TBS of sesame oil for awhile. Am about to have saliva testing for cortisol done again before I start the isocort again.

I've tried to de-stress..but lets be real people..how do you really de-stress? Kids, work, husband, health, money etc;.. Its all still there. I take yoga, go to the gym, listen to super soothing music when things are rough, travel as much as I can and do nothing on white sandy beaches..but voila..still struggling with health. And lately Ive noticed what appears to be more weight around my mid-section..coritsol related? who knows? Ive stopped taking my isocort. Im not a big girl and am very lucky my thyroid issues don't cause terrible weight issues..but I am carrying around an extra 10 pounds that no matter how many spin classes I take- isn't budging.

Any input, any dr. suggestions, any website references - it all would be appreciated... especially the name of your doc Audrey B.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread