It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Does anyone have these Symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
    SandieRC
    (female)

SandieRC HB User
    Does anyone have these Symptoms?

I know I keep posting but I am really trying to see if my symptoms are all related to the thyroid cause they are so strange.
    1) Pressure in my head, back of neck and left side of neck. Sometimes my left lymph node Under left ear and down my neck will swell up real big and be painful. The pressure in the left side of neck will go up into the left side of my head. I sometimes feel like my head is going to blow up.
    2) Severe muscle weakness
    3) High heart rate upon standing. Sitting it will be in the 70's and then I will stand up and it will get into the 120's.
    4) Buzzing and twitching throughout my body. It feels like adrenaline is constantly running through my body.
    5) Shortness of breath and chest pain
    6) Ringing in the ears
    7) Dizziness

Those were just my symptoms today. I have the eye thing going on too. I am wondering, maybe I can't take t3 anymore? Maybe it is the dessicated thyroid???
    The heart pain, heart rate and anxiety seem to get worse as I lower my dosage. If I raise it I get REALLY depressed and cry all day along with all the other symptoms. (muscle weakness intensifies) I am doing 24 hour urine test for adrenals tomorrow.
    Does anyone experience these symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
    Lady50
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
    Re: Does anyone have these Symptoms?

I am so sorry Sandie. Do you monitor your bloodpressure? There is a test you can do yourself.

Check your bloodpressure while resting for about 10 minutes(while reading a magazine LOL)....then stand up and check it again..make sure your arm is at heart level at all times.

If the bloodpressure lowers when you stand up, this is a sure sign of low adrenal function. Just thought I'd throw this in. LOL

Hopefully your urine test will show how your adrenals are functioning.

Best to you.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
    Poupon
    (female)

Poupon HB User
    Re: Does anyone have these Symptoms?

Hi - I am brand new here, but I have most of these symptoms - the buzzing and shortness of breath are, I believe, caused by arrhythmia.

I get twitchy when I eat too much chocolate, or eat it late at night. I wonder if it isn't sugar sensitivity? But I may not be experiencing the same sort of twitchyiness you do.

The lymph node - have you seen an ENT about this? It may not be a lymph node but a saliva duct. They can get blocked from scar tissue from some long ago infection. My ENT told me to 'milk' them regularly to keep them drained. When you do you will feel your mouth fill up with saliva. Sorry to be disgusting but it's better than my other thought. Cancer (like breast cancer) can cause lymph nodes to swell up like that, so be sure to rule that out.

I wish I had an answer for the anxiety and depression - one of the reasons I'm here myself. A trade off for having no arrhythmia in my case.

My doctors have long thought I have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue, both of which cause muscle pain and weakness, but I just started back on Armour and that symptom has all but gone - so I'd say yes - it very well could be thyroid.

Tinnitis is a symptom of low blood pressure - something I've had my entire life. I should think that with severe arrhythmia blood would not pump efficiently and may well lower BP. The dizziness goes along with that.

I hope that helps.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SandieRC View Post
    I know I keep posting but I am really trying to see if my symptoms are all related to the thyroid cause they are so strange.
    1) Pressure in my head, back of neck and left side of neck. Sometimes my left lymph node Under left ear and down my neck will swell up real big and be painful. The pressure in the left side of neck will go up into the left side of my head. I sometimes feel like my head is going to blow up.
    2) Severe muscle weakness
    3) High heart rate upon standing. Sitting it will be in the 70's and then I will stand up and it will get into the 120's.
    4) Buzzing and twitching throughout my body. It feels like adrenaline is constantly running through my body.
    5) Shortness of breath and chest pain
    6) Ringing in the ears
    7) Dizziness

Those were just my symptoms today. I have the eye thing going on too. I am wondering, maybe I can't take t3 anymore? Maybe it is the dessicated thyroid???
    The heart pain, heart rate and anxiety seem to get worse as I lower my dosage. If I raise it I get REALLY depressed and cry all day along with all the other symptoms. (muscle weakness intensifies) I am doing 24 hour urine test for adrenals tomorrow.
    Does anyone experience these symptoms?

Closed Thread