It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Cyst on my thyroid....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User
    Thyroid u/s report, help please....

Hello,

I had a thyroid ultrasound 6 months ago and this is the impression on the report..

Mild inhomogeneity of the substances of the thyroid
    2 x 2 x 2 mm right lobe of thyroid nodular focus without increased through transmission (characteristics of a cyst) or acoustic shadowing (characteristics of a calcification).

So basically, it's not a cyst or calcificication. What else could it be?

I had a follow up ultrasound today, so I'll have to wait until next week to find out the results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Sherrie

Last edited by schao; 04-21-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Adding Information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: Cyst on my thyroid....

Sounds like you have some or one teeny tiny bump on your thyroid, sounds like it's way too small to do a needle biopsy, it's probably from thyroid disease.

You should probably have it watched every year or so for changes.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User

So, the results or my thyroid u/s basically just said stable 2-3mm nodule on right lobe....follow up in a year.

Can you have a tiny nodule on your thyroid and have nothing wrong with your thyroid at all and no thyroid disease?

Thanks,
    Sherrie

Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

Yes, there are many many people walking around with benign nodules on their thyroids, who don't even know it.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
    writeleft
    Inactive
    (female)

writeleft HB User

I am one of those people...My cardiologist found some cysts on my thyroid, and although I am on thyroid medication) due to hypothyroidism. We are just watching it...Best wishes to you.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
    stepanlynn
    (female)

stepanlynn HB User

The past few months I have been feeling out of sorts. I thought maybe my thyroid was acting up as I had thyroiditis with one of my pregnancy's. I went to doctor who did a complete lab work up and feeling around on my neck said it felt kind of swollen. All my blood work came back good. She scheduled me an ultrasound on my thyroid which showed a cyst. Does anyone know if my symptoms of feeling anxious, nervous, on edge and tired could be a result of the cyst even though all my thyroid test came back good? I am a 42 yr old female and at first just shrugged it off as if I am premenopausal or something. I have had some stress in my life the past year but sometimes I think I am going crazy. The anxiety attacks are making me crazy. I have five children at home to take care of with my husband away right now. Can anyone give me some insight on whether a cyst would cause those problems? I have to see ear, nose and throat doc soon for a thorough diagnosis. Help, anyone!

Closed Thread